PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

KruegerFlap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2021
Ohio
Fall is definitely one my favorite times of year to be outside with a pipe. The cooler weather and changing colors of the trees seem to take the whole experience to the next level of enjoyment. A time of the year when you can look back at what has transpired over the previous months and looking forward to the coming year while smoking a good blend.

norddie

Lurker
Sep 4, 2023
betandreas-ozbekiston.net
The Hawaiian islands are small, so that means crowded, and not many places that are beautiful.

Average median now is around $700,000, ultra expensive to live, lowest ranked education in the USA, massive homeless on the streets, and always seeing, running into crime, or seeing police, constant sirens, etc...

The majority of Hawaii is not beautiful, I’ve lived across the Pacific, and seen many of it’s island that surpass Hawaii.

You go out around decent sized populated towns in Hawaii, this is the beauty you’ll see.

View attachment 250892

View attachment 250894

We have a guy where I live, completely dressed in big black trash bags, over his entire body and feet.

Out here, is almost like Southern Cal or Florida...

This is the worst place in the USA I’ve lived, and I’ve been all over America, it’s just an image. But sure, if I only had LA or NYC to pick from, I’d stay.

Soon, me and the Mrs are leaving, and I can’t wait! I wish I never moved to this dump of a state! 👎

Take it from someone who lived here half of their life and raised a family here, it’s just a tourist image they want you to keep believing. :(

Yes, there are nice places here, but, there’s way to much crap, and it’s not worth it.

Let’s put it this way, you’d have to come from some real shit hole in the USA to want to live here, for the absolute insane costs, and the only way you’ll ever live that so called Hawaiian beauty, is you need to be extremely wealthy.

Google Hawaii news, and Hawaiian real estate and see the insanity, and what you get for your money, it’s a joke. :(
betandreas-azerbaycan full review here
P.S. Sorry for off topic... :(
I vacationed there a few years ago, and the views are beautiful, but expensive. I was amazed at the number of homeless people. So I understand your feelings a little. Where are you going to move?

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Fall is one of the best times of year for pipe smoking. Grab a pipe and your favorite fall blend and celebrate along with Fred Brown's new October article at the following link.

Falling Leaves and a Pipe

I am very much a Fall / Winter tobacco enthusiast. Being Deep in the Heat, I mean Heart of Texas, it is not enjoyable smoking out when it is 115 degrees!

DeaconPiper

Might Stick Around
Jun 13, 2023
Pacific Northwest
October in Central Washington is about when I trade lighter blends for darker, fuller experiences. White Knight and 965 go into hibernation while Old Toby and Nightcap emerge. Ten Russians remain constant for my afternoon pipe, with War Horse Green a treat for snack or dessert.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
The Hawaiian islands are small, so that means crowded, and not many places that are beautiful.

Average median now is around $700,000, ultra expensive to live, lowest ranked education in the USA, massive homeless on the streets, and always seeing, running into crime, or seeing police, constant sirens, etc...

The majority of Hawaii is not beautiful, I’ve lived across the Pacific, and seen many of it’s island that surpass Hawaii.

You go out around decent sized populated towns in Hawaii, this is the beauty you’ll see.

View attachment 250892

View attachment 250894

We have a guy where I live, completely dressed in big black trash bags, over his entire body and feet.

Out here, is almost like Southern Cal or Florida...

This is the worst place in the USA I’ve lived, and I’ve been all over America, it’s just an image. But sure, if I only had LA or NYC to pick from, I’d stay.

Soon, me and the Mrs are leaving, and I can’t wait! I wish I never moved to this dump of a state! 👎

Take it from someone who lived here half of their life and raised a family here, it’s just a tourist image they want you to keep believing. :(

Yes, there are nice places here, but, there’s way to much crap, and it’s not worth it.

Let’s put it this way, you’d have to come from some real shit hole in the USA to want to live here, for the absolute insane costs, and the only way you’ll ever live that so called Hawaiian beauty, is you need to be extremely wealthy.

Google Hawaii news, and Hawaiian real estate and see the insanity, and what you get for your money, it’s a joke. :(

P.S. Sorry for off topic... :(
Been there twice, but that was over 20 years ago. Looks like things have degenerated significantly since, but that has probably happened everywhere, to some degree.

Back then, I thought that everyone there would be eating fresh fish and mangoes with their hands, and wearing brassieres made out of coconut halves. Turns out, I was the only one. :confused:

This is why I can't have nice things... 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: PipeIT and JOHN72

DesertDan

Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
Yes indeed!
Cooler weather has finally arrived here in southern Arizona. I just came in from having my first smoke in quite a while. I sure have missed it.

Reactions: JOHN72

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Back then, I thought that everyone there would be eating fresh fish and mangoes with their hands, and wearing brassieres made out of coconut halves. Turns out, I was the only one.
You were wearing a brassiere made out of coconut halves?

Sam Gamgee

Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
Autumn is my favorite time of year. Not only is it more beautiful than any other time of year in general, but here in North Texas you get an instant break from the heat-insanity of our summer. Summer here is just no fun: power bills that can easily surpass the mortgage, it's too hot to do anything outside, it takes a lake-full of water to keep an average city lawn even remotely alive, and for many of us, if you don't soak your home's foundation, you'll get doors that stick and cracks in mortor.

I just went outside this AM and the air is cool and moist. The golden sunlight in the afternoon/evenings is particularly wonderful to me. Everything suddenly looks like it's fresh out of a poem when covered in Autumn's golden light. Oh yeah, pipes taste better this time of year to me as well.

obc83

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2023
Fall is the best of everything. I hate the summer and this time of year I feel like I start to come alive and get a little excited for the plain old knowing-exactly-what-to-do-next of winter.