PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
I'm a fan. Had a few from a flea market, sold them and ended up getting myself another cause I missed them. Don't need more than one stem and maybe another bowl for different blends if you need. I like them for hearty Kentucky/ burley blends that are a little on the sweet side. I find they under preform with virginia blends and haven't really tried with latakia blends as I have other pipes for those. They work well with moist blends or something with a topping as it traps the excess moisture. They don't amplify the flavour the way a well seasoned full briar smoking the same blend can have, but on those full blends I find they do well. All depends on the bowl shape too I guess, as there are many types available.

M

MARC52

I ordered a classic straight stem and four bantam bowls last week. They should be arriving soon.
They arrived yesterday, I already had the Algiers bowl crack near the bottom of the bowl on the third smoke and I do not smoke hot, needless to say, first impressions are lasting impressions. It did smoke okay, a little warm, but dry.

M

MARC52

They arrived yesterday, I already had the Algiers bowl crack near the bottom of the bowl on the third smoke and I do not smoke hot, needless to say, first impressions are lasting impressions. It did smoke okay, a little warm, but dry.
The comment about the Algiers bowl cracking after a few bowls was incorrect, upon a closer inspection of the bowl I realized it was a small fissure in the briar itself which has already caked over and not a crack. All is well.