PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zepfan84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2021
Wilmington, N.C.
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I just bought a Falcon straight stem and a Billiard smooth bowl. The bowl came with a plastic (or rubber) gasket ring. The issue is that the bowl doesn't screw on to the stem well - it just slips and doesn't stay. If I remove the gasket ring, it screws on well, but I am thinking that there will be smoke leak which I could check by blowing air through the stem. I have never owned a Falcon before. Is this a common issue with Falcon pipes - becasue peiple must be purchasing stems and bowls from different sources? Is something wrong with the stem or the bowl? I will appreciate any insight.
I have the same issue with a Falcon bowl I recently purchased, my gasket was a tad warped I hold it flat as I first screw it into the stem and (so far) it has been working for me. Maybe that will work in this case as well?

Kaarigar

Lurker
Mar 22, 2021
San Francisco, California
I have the same issue with a Falcon bowl I recently purchased, my gasket was a tad warped I hold it flat as I first screw it into the stem and (so far) it has been working for me. Maybe that will work in this case as well?
Believe me, I tried all the possible ways to somehow make it work, including your suggestion and others on this thread. I had the stem replaced and it now works with the same gasket. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.