PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Well done, I always set my limits on ebay when bidding. Every pipe I have gotten from there has been a good deal. I also try to wait until a new pipe, from a certain manufacturer that I love, goes on sale with the online retailers. Some have been just ok deals. I try to search to see what these pipes have sold previously by other sellers and go from their. If however, you are having a one of a kind consignment pipe made for you, well then all bets are off. LOL

Reactions: bnichols23

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
There is only one pipe that I'm looking for. Passed on same said pipe number of times due to imperfect shape, grain pattern, and so on. Picking a production pipe that fits some form of "near perfection" is taking crap load of time.

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
Shelby township Michigan, 48315
Good for you, I set my max bid walk away and if I win great; if not another one will surface eventually.

Is it me or have the estate ebay prices increased slightly in the last few months?

I assume this is due to lack of estate sales limiting inventory and having half the country on lockdown shopping on line.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
My goal with auctions was to save money and win, and I always saved money and mostly won.

Most guys will only bid for a substantial reduction. If I bid that I probably wouldn't win. I would get what I thought was a lower retail price and split the difference between it and the lowest price, thus outbidding the bottom guys, and thus get a win at a lesser discounted price.

And believe me, those guys at "Cigar Bid" have crunched the numbers, and they will be as happy with profiting 5% as 20.

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
I have been following them for awhile...they seem to pop up in batches every so often...there are two straight versions that I know of and I have seen what appears to be a bent apple..

I just got took on fleaBay, bought a really nice red one (well it appeared to be nice in the picture) paid for it and never received it...so ebay stepped in and did get me my refund a few days ago.

My current crop...

IMG_1554.jpeg

I have noticed different style bits, some saddle some not and some like the yellow one with a decorative two tier line on the bowl which itself has a slightly upward taper unlike the Dukes I normally see.