PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Title edited. Pls see Rule nine! Capitalize important words. -jpm

I was just shocked for how much is pipe tobacco selling in Utah..extremely high tobacco tax..I have been told that residents can not even let their tobacco shipped to Utah from other states ...No wonder you could see esoterica bags on shelfs and nobody is buying them...tins you usually pay 10 to 12 bucks cost 23 to 39,-$ in Utah....But....so many tobacco to chose from I never seen anywhere else...Montana is a little friendlier state to buy tobacco but just a hair...seen there a 2oz tin of some MC Clelland never heard of blend to sell for 80 plus $...Well...I am glad to have 5 years zellar and maybe after it is gone I will quit smoking pipes....maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Do you live in Utah?

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
You can thank your stars you're not living in Oz.
Try AUD125-145 for 50Gm (@2oz) :mad:

Pipe tobacco is a banned import and will be confiscated and destroyed, unless you have a personal exemption form Oz Customs to import solely for personal use.
What happened to Australia it's like a totalitarian state it used to be so cool. I hope we don't all move to that. Covid Camps, guns illegal, etc

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
What happened to Australia it's like a totalitarian state it used to be so cool. I hope we don't all move to that. Covid Camps, guns illegal, etc
Yep.

Total nanny state.
People aren’t trusted to think and make decisions for themselves, and are treated like six year olds.

At least we thrashed the Poms in the recent Ashes series (for those of you with the slightest interest in cricket) ?

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
now,It may have turned out that they have started follow suit of society model in Scandinavian countries, which all, with no exception have become total nanny states,

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Do you live in Utah?

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
I got my location in my name but I took care of it..Thanks...I am not from UT just visiting for a weekend

Frasermac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Yep.

Total nanny state.
People aren’t trusted to think and make decisions for themselves, and are treated like six year olds.

At least we thrashed the Poms in the recent Ashes series (for those of you with the slightest interest in cricket) ?
Now being a Scot I’ve nae interest in rounders? Just wondering how the Cons did in the Autumn rugby tests…….
??????
….and back on topic; that’s expensive for you! I think (and I could be talking pish) pipe tobacco tax in the UK is ≈£300/k + retail?
Which I think is 80%+

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Having a state that hates tobacco, booze and s multiple marriages, what do you expect. I ones dated a Mormon from the original family and she was through with them. She even had electrolysis on her snatch. It was kind of weird having no hair anywhere. She was fun but her kid was a freaking brat. My daughter was around the same age and she didn't understand why her mother put up with that shit as my daughter was very well behaved. Me and my daughter said this is, too much work. My daughter dreaded going over there.