Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
We just finished watching Reacher. We enjoyed it. I was surprised a big, bulky guy like that could move as quickly as he did.

The guy might've said 9.5 gram subsonic 9mm round, which would be correct, 147 gr.

I really enjoyed the action—it had what I call "high wince factor," which was fun and gruesome at the same time.

The Desert Eagle underwater probably would've blown their eardrums out, but, that's Hollywood.

I loved the cameo by Lee Child in the last scene, bumping into Reacher.

I'd watch another season if they did one.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
We just finished watching Reacher. We enjoyed it. I was surprised a big, bulky guy like that could move as quickly as he did.

The guy might've said 9.5 gram subsonic 9mm round, which would be correct, 147 gr.

I really enjoyed the action—it had what I call "high wince factor," which was fun and gruesome at the same time.

The Desert Eagle underwater probably would've blown their eardrums out, but, that's Hollywood.

I loved the cameo by Lee Child in the last scene, bumping into Reacher.

I'd watch another season if they did one.
Aha!! "Gram" not "grain" ---- details matter, lol, Reacher way ahead of us!

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Can't you check your Kindle library to see which ones you've read? I primarily use Nook,the library with it shows what I've read. If that fails, if I go to Barnes & Noble, it won't let me buy the same book twice.
It's not as easy as you would think using the Kindle app. I wouldn't buy the same book but, looking over my list of Reacher titles, I can't easily tell whether or not it's one I've read.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
My wife and I have read most of the books and nearly finished the Amazon series. The series is pretty entertaining in its own right but, to my mind, doesn't compare to the books. It's more conventional and plodding. It lacks the verve of the books. I almost view the series as distinct from the books. Of course, I'll continue watching!

The actor who plays Reacher in the series has Reacher's size but is limited in his portrayal—pretty two-dimensional. I envision Reacher as being more intellectually sophisticated, complex, and deep— as three dimensional. In the Amazon series he's played a little like an doofus savant. Although Tom Cruise didn't look like Reacher, I thought he captured more of Reacher's essence.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
My wife and I have read most of the books and nearly finished the Amazon series. The series is pretty entertaining in its own right but, to my mind, doesn't compare to the books. It's more conventional and plodding. It lacks the verve of the books. I almost view the series as distinct from the books. Of course, I'll continue watching!

The actor who plays Reacher in the series has Reacher's size but is limited in his portrayal—pretty two-dimensional. I envision Reacher as being more intellectually sophisticated, complex, and deep— as three dimensional. In the Amazon series he's played a little like an doofus savant. Although Tom Cruise didn't look like Reacher, I thought he captured more of Reacher's essence.
I agree. It was like he was too robotic in his attempt to mimic Reacher. Still, very entertaining.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa

Yep. Still, we enjoyed it for what it is as well and whatever one thinks of Cruise, he's a really good actor.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Watched episode 1. Not bad for mindless entertainment. The usual shoot-em-up, with a hero who could whip Superman with one hand.