Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
@lasttango, good call on the LJP #52!
o5PYVE1.jpg

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
An 8 yr old tin of Opening Night I picked up from Pipestud. Really been trying to reach for another jar but keep coming back.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Although I have to be honest & say that raevans' choice of Blood Red Moon intrigues the heck out of me, my own choices for a put-it-in-neutral no-brainer are simple.
Black Frigate or 3 Nuns. Those two are just tactile/muscle memory for me for both packing *&* smoking.
Bill

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Chatham Manor and Lane Limited Ready Rubbed. The other day I mixed a little 1Q into my Chatham Manor and I really enjoyed it.

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
At this moment in time it's Gawith Hoggarth No. 7 broken flake and 7 seas regular.....must have a thing for 7's :)

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I'm not sure I really have one of these. I just pick what I fancy and sometimes I pay attention and sometimes I don't. At the moment I'm burning a lot of Old Dark Fired and Dunhill Dark Flake. Make of that whatever you will but once I have emptied the tins of these old favourites I shall open a tin of something I have not tried before and likely pay it a lot of attention until I feel I know it. I suppose that's the answer. It's any tobacco I'm familiar with and fond of and there are too many to list :D

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
A no brainer to me is a simple no nonsense decent smoke that never lets you down. It would also work as an all day everyday blend. Lately it's been oscillating between W. O. Larsen Classic and Hearth and Home Anniversary Kake. I carry a pouch of Anni Kake and smoke it all day long in a Cob when I'll be out all day. Easy gravity fill and it never lets me down if I just sip away mindlessly.

Samuel Gawith Grousemoor works for me too when I have it, but I tend to burn through a tin pretty quickly. I believe I'm finally achieving Codgerhood. :puffpipe:

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I hope someday to reach codgerhood! After all these post, I guess Dunhill London Mix or 965 are my blend but both have gone way or are going away. I think I'll try One of Jim's favorites Edward G. Robinson and see if it will work for me.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Depends on how much you smoke? 2 or 5 bowls a day? Or more? Or budget?

Carter Hall is in there & OGS for me, smoke all day.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
It's funny, there are so many blends out there, but you look at this thread and you see lots of responses for Carter Hall and Prince Albert. It just goes to show you that simplicity really does go a long way. I smoke both CH and PA on occasion, in fact I'm smoking PA right now. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke, but don't thumb your nose at the so called "codger blends." Old guys smoke them for a reason, because they've been around for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.