Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2018
England
Enjoyed the Germany v Spain game, yesterday. I thought Germany were the better team and were unlucky to go out. The France v Portugal game was a big let down. France are gonna have to improve if they want to go all the way.

Looking forward to the England v Switzerland match. I think we'll do the business but if Switzerland play like they did when they beat Italy it'll be a tough game.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I am not a soccer fan. I have noticed the positive changes in the Spanish national team, compared to decades ago. These guys have more motivation and enthusiasm. Maybe I'm wrong, but I see more energy and dynamism. Spain always started well, and they barely lasted in the championship, and were eliminated, compared to previous championships. May the best team win.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
When was the last notable hooligan riot in football? (Serious question)
About three years ago.

"In September 2021, Leicester City and Napoli fans clashed during a Europa League group stage match. Leicester City fans whipped Napoli supporters with belts before the match started."

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Today is the final. Can we do it? Probably not😂. No, joking aside, we've got a reasonable chance. Spain have been the best at these Euros and England definitely haven't set the tournament alight but we have played well in spells. We'll have to be at the top of our game to have any chance,that's for sure. If we can play for 90 minutes like we did in the first half against Holland then we're in with a shout.

I'd like to see Southgate drop Harry Kane to the bench and start with Ollie Watkins. Kane hasn't looked 100% this whole tournament. Don't know if he's carrying a knock, or something. Definitely hasn't looked as sharp as last season when he was banging them in for Bayern. Won't happen, anyway. No way will Southgate drop Kane.

Hopefully it's a great game and an England win🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🙏

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just a moment break at half time. Let's hope the right changes are made for the second half!
Southgate needs to go. That was a dire, woeful performance. Pickford constantly hoofing long balls like it's 1983. Long balls that never lead to anything. Spain were the only team in it and they deserved the win. With the players at our disposal it's an embarrassment how we've played this tournament. Spain played attacking football and rightly won the game. 2 finals pissed away by Gareth Southgate. Great job👏

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
I had feared a 4-1 drubbing before the game; England were still outclassed like a plucky 2nd division team, but at least they had a go when Spain let them. That header might have gone in at the end and it might have been a different story. Well, ending anyway - don't sense that the Spanish would have lost had it gone to extra time.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
About three years ago.
Doesn't need to be a riot, having lived in the UK 2000-2012 I can tell you that ANY football night is not very pleasant to be around when the zombies come out. Not uncommon for foreigners being beaten up in football nights, regardless of whether they are affiliated with any team/country playing.

The UK's been my home for many very happy years, but when it comes to football they're pretty annoying.

• Sad
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
I had feared a 4-1 drubbing before the game; England were still outclassed like a plucky 2nd division team, but at least they had a go when Spain let them. That header might have gone in at the end and it might have been a different story. Well, ending anyway - don't sense that the Spanish would have lost had it gone to extra time.
Southgate is a cautious man. Dude wears a mouth gaurd to clean his teeth. I feared it would be like this. Kane hasn't looked right all tournament. Should've started with Olli Watkins. The amount of long balls that Pickford thumped up the field was embarrassing. Again and again he did it and again and again we got nothing. What's that definition of insanity again? Spain passed it out from the back and went out to win the game. We got exactly what we deserved..... Nothing.

Congratulations to Spain. Worthy winners🇪🇸🏆👏

Reactions: karam
Jun 9, 2018
England
Doesn't need to be a riot, having lived in the UK 2000-2012 I can tell you that ANY football night is not very pleasant to be around when the zombies come out. Not uncommon for foreigners being beaten up in football nights, regardless of whether they are affiliated with any team/country playing.

The UK's been my home for many very happy years, but when it comes to football they're pretty annoying.
Sorry to hear that. Most of the England fans just want to have a good time but there's a sizeable group of shitheads who like getting pissed and causing trouble. They're an embarrassment to all decent, well behaved England fans. I pray the scumbags don't kick off in Germany tonight. Last thing we need is a bunch of English muppets causing trouble.

Reactions: karam