PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the opportunity to grab a tin of Tilbury and Dunbar at the local cigar shop in Pensacola Fl
WHAT?? a cigar shop on Pensacola that had pipe tobacco? I just spent two weeks there, and I had no idea. We checked out the Cigar Factory, only to find that it was a swank bar, not a real cigar shop. Please tell me where this place is. I go there all the time.
Also... Isn't it awesome to be in Pensacola off season? We stayed at a resort that usually charges $500-1200 a night for only $39 a night.

My favs are Penzance, Margate, Stonehaven, Peacehaven, and Blackpool.

Brandybuck

Lurker
Dec 23, 2019
Pensacola, Florida
WHAT?? a cigar shop on Pensacola that had pipe tobacco? I just spent two weeks there, and I had no idea. We checked out the Cigar Factory, only to find that it was a swank bar, not a real cigar shop. Please tell me where this place is. I go there all the time.
Also... Isn't it awesome to be in Pensacola off season? We stayed at a resort that usually charges $500-1200 a night for only $39 a night.

My favs are Penzance, Margate, Stonehaven, Peacehaven, and Blackpool.

Yeah, alot of people I know really don't like going to Pensacola and even avoid it like the plague, but I love it!

The cigar shop I'm talking about is Cordova Cigars on 9th Ave. I actually just got back from there and they just restocked the tobacco shelf; they had a bunch of Cornell and Diehl, like Oak Alley, Miskatonic, Dreams of Kaddath, Haunted Bookshop, Bayou Morning, Pegasus, and Star of the East (which I'm currently very thoroughly enjoying). They also have a big box of Gawith Full Virginia Flake, and then some tins like Black XX, Brown No. 4, Best Brown, Chocolate Flake...

Oh, they also have Orlik Golden, Peterson 3P, and even some Balkan Sobranie, which I've never seen there. Definitely worth a peruse.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Has anyone tried St. Ives? It gets really bad reviews but it seems like I'd like it. I'm already planning on getting some soon, but I'd like to know others opinions on it. How does it compare to ASTB?

Reactions: greeneyes

zion

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Has anyone tried St. Ives? It gets really bad reviews but it seems like I'd like it. I'm already planning on getting some soon, but I'd like to know others opinions on it. How does it compare to ASTB?
Send me your address if you‘d like to try some. I’m opening a fresh bag soon.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
I love the tin note of Pembroke (cognac sauced?). But smoking it ? Nasty. It really sucks as I really wanted to like that blend.

-Currently on the hunt for some Penz and SH - and yes I'm one of those fools who pay top bucks for the stuff. The scalpers love me.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I have the opportunity to grab a tin of Tilbury and Dunbar at the local cigar shop in Pensacola Fl and, having not yet tried either, was just wondering what everybody's thoughts were on these blends and any experiences with Esoterica in general. I grabbed a tin each of Rattray's Old Gowrie and C&D Haunted Bookshop, both of which I'm currently smoking and absolutely adore! So, what do y'all think?
I bought a lot this year. Never had before. I think I’ve got 6 tins of Margate, 4 of Penzance, 2 of Tilbury, Dorchester, And so to bed, pembroke and Dunbar. I really like Margate and Dunbar but all are good. And so to bed had to grow on me but now I really like it. Also get 3 of Sobranie. Like it a lot but several like bakan Sasieni are just so close to it.

i really like flake virginias so stonehaven is something I want to try but too much effort to get when released. Had a few bowls of penzan but think I’ll let them sit a bit. Smoking Dorchester right now actually. Had to dry it for a couple hours first.

Reactions: dmcmtk

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Dunbar, Tillbury, Blackpool, Woodbridge, Dorchester, Margate, Pembroke & Stonehaven are my favorites so far from Esoterica. I still have yet to try a lot of their blends. I enjoy Penzance but would much rather have Margate.

Reactions: rushx9

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Well, Esoterica is dropping again. I bought a lb of Pembroke. Really I just want some “and so to bed”. Though I would like another Penzance and some Dorchester. sobranie is one my real faves for balkans. Turbotin is an easy way to locate esoterica for those who’ve asked. It’s not perfect but it helps a lot to find any tobacco

Wuce Brayne

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2021
I've tried a few Esoterica blends, and I like em all, but Stonehaven is my all time favorite. Dark pressed flake goodness with a wonderful note of raisins. Fairly strong nic hit too.

Reactions: pantsBoots

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Only tried Peacehaven by way of a sample from a forum member. Don't really have a desire to open a can of worms here, to be honest. I still have more than a dozen blends in my cellar I have yet to even try. That said, I did enjoy the sample.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Well, Esoterica is dropping again. I bought a lb of Pembroke. Really I just want some “and so to bed”. Though I would like another Penzance and some Dorchester. sobranie is one my real faves for balkans. Turbotin is an easy way to locate esoterica for those who’ve asked. It’s not perfect but it helps a lot to find any tobacco
It has popped up in a couple places it seems in very small quantities. I called my local shop because they usually carry it and he said Arango hasn't received a shipment in over a year, so I dont know whats going on.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
I've only had astb and like it very much. Have a Pembroke and a Margate unopened that I can't wait to get to. Do they drop every year?

Status
Not open for further replies.