PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Most of his threads devolve like this. Check out his post history. Have even gotten a couple of pissy pm's from him questioning the authenticity of my Preben Holms. Just not pleasant at all.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Where was this stash?
I don't think there was one? I think it's supposed to be a joke exploiting the hysteria around some of the Esoterica blends? I think the angle is like the band that calls themselves Free Beer and then laughs at the crowd when they all show up for free beer, but I'm not sure?

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Nah... I thought of buying some Stonehaven but living in Chicago the tax is a tad too much.

May 4, 2015
The annoyance of their online ordering notwithstanding, wouldn't a phone call to the place to make an order and verify stock solve the problem?

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Well, their automated inventory control must be working, because Penzance is out of stock. They never did actually have Stonehaven.

Jun 27, 2016
pipesmokingtom
The annoyance of their online ordering notwithstanding, wouldn't a phone call to the place to make an order and verify stock solve the problem?
I called in a few moments ago to see what happened and I should be good for a bag and possibly more. Guy said he got plowed with orders for it and he'll know more on Monday. I got the impression that his distributor has it for him but it is not right in front of him, and he does not know exactly how much is there for him.

May 4, 2015
HAHA.
Hope he has a good bookkeeper to sort out all the credit card charges and refunds from selling a whole bunch of stuff he didn't have.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yeah, no doubt. Advertising that stuff is like playing with fire. Don't think he realized that.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Well I just my call and they have cancelled my order and state that they will refund my money. Now off to P&C to spend the money on the new blends they do have in stock.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
They were very prompt in crediting back my order for ten bags of Pembroke... Polite and apologetic. They are also changing their web ordering so that the one bag per is automatic.

May 4, 2015
I'm sure they're good folks and it was just a "holy crap, I didn't realize it was going to be like this."
Also, you ordered 10 bags?! Surely you weren't expecting or even hoping for 10. Order 10 hope for 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.