PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
As I like Ennerdale flake I noticed there is also the plug version. I am wondering how much different is the plug from the flake version and if it is worthwhile to try the plug also. There are only 2 reviews of the plug on tobacco review (one from the legend JimInks) , not enough to clear my mind on this.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
The plug version of Ennerdale is a modern unicorn. I chased it for a while and eventually gave up trying to find it. Ymmv

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I want to clarify. My question is not where to find the Ennerdale plug (yes it can be sourced as a special order) but if there is any significant difference between the plug and the flake version of Ennerdale in order to justify its purchase.

I have all S&G plugs (except the cob) including Groosemoore which are quite different from Ennerdale.

Again the question is not where to source the Ennerdale plug but if it is different enough from the flake version.

Mar 1, 2014
I don't have experience with the plug but I will say I vastly prefer tinned Lakelands because most of the topping is usually gone from bulk samples. My bet is the plug would also retain more floral essence than regular bulk flake, but whether it would be any different from a fresh tin is still a good question.

Reactions: lightmybriar

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Right. Does this Ennerdale Plug actually exist? I am sure with enough money you could probably get a Clan Plug made by company that makes Clan. It makes perfect sense that if they make a flake then a plug must exist in the first place although their concept of a plug would be a slab the size of a sidewalk paving stone. Has anyone here ever met anyone who has actually purchased an Ennerdale plug?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Seems like I once saw a YouTube video of a young man who was visiting Dublin and the University there and during his visits to local tobacco shops encountered this plug. He commented that he’d never seen it before and didn’t know it even existed. It’s possible I’m not remembering it correctly since it was just a random watch whilst surfing but it kinda stuck with me. So, I do think it exists or once did, unless it was another blend and I just have a confused memory of it.

Reactions: lightmybriar

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I would be interested in trying it as well, heck just finding Ennerdale is hard enough, let along the plug version. I am eagerly waiting 4-5 plugs from the UK as well, Grousemoor and St. James to name a few....

I am wondering if brexit will lead to easier availability of importing some blends?

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
I would be interested in trying it as well, heck just finding Ennerdale is hard enough, let along the plug version. I am eagerly waiting 4-5 plugs from the UK as well, Grousemoor and St. James to name a few....

I am wondering if brexit will lead to easier availability of importing some blends?
I would like to think so too but I don’t know. We can import from Germany but not the UK and they’re both in the EU. If we could avoid taxes importing from the UK like from Germany RIP my wallet!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Right. Does this Ennerdale Plug actually exist? I am sure with enough money you could probably get a Clan Plug made by company that makes Clan. It makes perfect sense that if they make a flake then a plug must exist in the first place although their concept of a plug would be a slab the size of a sidewalk paving stone. Has anyone here ever met anyone who has actually purchased an Ennerdale plug?
Yes, it is definitely a real entity. Or at least it was. I know of at least two guys who have smoked it in years past. I did a fair amount of sloothing for it in 2016, but couldn't find any leads, even in Europe. I gave up the chase.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Just heard back from Gawith. Ennerdale Plug is no longer being made but they would if the demand was there.
So if you want it, start emailing them I assume...

Reactions: rushx9

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Now that sounds like a challenge. What say you that we organize a write in/email campaign to see if they would do a limited production run like that other lot did with the H&H Dark Fired Plug. I am sure they would have little difficulty selling a limited run of say 2000 tins of the stuff. Peck would probably soak up half the production run all on his own. Myself and Weezell would probably make a dent in it if the price wasn't too insane. Since they just released that new Uber Cab Flake through P&C I would expect this to just disappear of the shelves if it was distributed by P&C in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.