Enjoy Tobacco and Nicotine in Other Forms?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I am pipe guy. However, I would not mind getting a little nasal snuff. I've tried it in the past and enjoyed the mentholated variety. I don't know where you can buy it in the states though.

Reactions: BROBS

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I really enjoy Bernard Schmaltzler snuff. Delivers a great flavor with a hit of nicotine almost instantly. I never smoke pipes or cigars specifically for the nicotine but I reach for this sweet snuff when I need a pick me up. It’s quite enjoyable.

Moonbog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Mostly pipes of late, but go through heavy cigar phases from time to time.

Nasal snuff on rare occasions---still working on a large tin of Fribourg&Treyer Paris snuff from 2009. Amazed at how it's remained fresh after all these years. Shame that their line of snuff has been discontinued.

Still holding about a dozen tins of Snus in the freezer for discreet ocassions like poker tables and airplanes. Oh, and E-cigarettes are the workhorse as far as nicotine delivery is concerned. Can't believe I almost forgot that.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Mostly pipes of late, but go through heavy cigar phases from time to time.

Nasal snuff on rare occasions---still working on a large tin of Fribourg&Treyer Paris snuff from 2009. Amazed at how it's remained fresh after all these years. Shame that their line of snuff has been discontinued.

Still holding about a dozen tins of Snus in the freezer for discreet ocassions like poker tables and airplanes. Oh, and E-cigarettes are the workhorse as far as nicotine delivery is concerned. Can't believe I almost forgot that.
I just bought some F&T. I think it has been revived. You can by Paris but I prefer Seville and it makes a good mixer.

Reactions: BROBS and Moonbog

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I used to smoke cigarettes in school, then moved on to hookah, then cigars and pipes. Cigars and pipes are the only thing that stuck for me, I just love the flavor of tobacco too much.

I'm afraid to try anything else in case I like it too much.

Reactions: BROBS and Papamique

Moonbog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Do you guys find That Nasal snus can mess up the sense of smell / ability to taste pipes tobacco? Or is that not really an issue.
Well, not really if you sniff a bit here and there. The issue I find with snuff is that with heavy all day use, you'll end up reeking havok on your sinuses which in my case at least always seemed to lead to infections and horrible congestion. And at that point I couldn't smell or taste a thing for weeks. Could have been coincidence, but I'm pretty sure snuffing all day can't be good for the old ear, nose and throat region. But, like I had posted I have two tins I bought over a decade ago and they're still fresh as can be. I'll go months sometimes years without using the stuff, then get in a mood and take a sniff or two a night for a few weeks and then forget about it again. It's really interesting stuff.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
I like a little bit of everything, in moderation. I generally pair my morning coffee with some Prince Albert in a Briarworks bullmoose, then throughout the day, it’s whatever I’m in the mood for. Could be a stick of Drum, could be a bowl of Stokkebye Norwegian, Turkish, or Amsterdam in my small OR01 apples.

Afternoon, it’s usually Prince Albert in a Moonshine Cannonball with coffee, sometimes a cigar.

Evenings or when on the road, I generally don’t smoke much and am more likely to vape something tobacco-flavored, naturally extracted tobaccos being a particular favorite. No real rhyme or reason, it just kind of seems to be what I gravitate to at those times.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Apparently nicotine is not the prompt for my pipe smoking. When I have to go days without, it doesn't seem to goad me. I mostly don't pack a blend for nic', though when I get a buzz, it's usually pleasing, a nice surprise.

+1 After 23 years of addiction to cigarettes (among other things) and almost 19 years clean and sober it is really quite nice not to have to “smoke or else....”

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Does the nic hit you fast like snuff, or is it more of a slow release?
Man, it can be a bit sneaky. Really depends on the saliva content in your mouth but it can be pretty quick. I had it in on a date not long ago and it got me woozy! If your mouth is dry it can be a bit unsatisfying... it doesn’t really get the saliva flowing like dip does.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Does the nic hit you fast like snuff, or is it more of a slow release?

In my experience it hits pretty fast but doesn't last very long. Probably varies between brands, strengths etc.
I much preferred the slow steady flow of lady N from real tobacco snus pouches.

The tobacco free nicotine pouches are better than patches or gum but still not "the real thing" imho. They are however quite popular with the ladies here in Sweden as the tobacco free pouches are perceived to be "fresher", less messy and free from the hillbilly association of real tobacco snus use among ladies.

eugenepark

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2018
Oklahoma
This reminds me (on a somewhat unrelated note) that a lot of the "biohacking" types as well as brain research people supplement nicotine patches or gums for cognitive purposes. The gums I've tried have tasted pretty bad (compared to Wrigleys) but I've never felt what the patches are like.

Status
Not open for further replies.