Enjoy Tobacco and Nicotine in Other Forms?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAlabama

Lurker
Sep 8, 2020
Alabaster, Alabama
Tobacco and nicotine junky here. Along with my enjoyment of pipe tobacco (favorite) I also enjoy cigars, snuff, dip, vaping, and the occasional “patch” ?. No cigarettes anymore. How about you? I think chasingembers, a kindred spirit to be sure, may still have me beat.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Used to have a 20 pouches per day snus habit, complimented by infrequent cigar, cigarette and pipe smoking. Took a month long complete nicotine break this January and then decided to only pick up the pipe (daily) and occasional cigar moving forward.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Apparently nicotine is not the prompt for my pipe smoking. When I have to go days without, it doesn't seem to goad me. I mostly don't pack a blend for nic', though when I get a buzz, it's usually pleasing, a nice surprise. I have had too much nic', but not often -- strong blend, big bowl, empty stomach or not enough liquid. My mom liked to smoke cigarettes for the gesturing and drama, but she never bought a pack that didn't go stale, so I guess I got her nicotine receptors. Is dip the same as chaw?

select565

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2020
Do you guys find That Nasal snus can mess up the sense of smell / ability to taste pipes tobacco? Or is that not really an issue.

Reactions: BROBS and CAlabama

eugenepark

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2018
Oklahoma
Loved Swedish Snus until I noticed a skin tag that briefly appeared on my inside lip one day. Stopped the snus, the skin tag went away, and then I switched back to cigars/pipe.

I know the research for snus indicates that the risk is actually low (and probably lower than cigar/pipes) but something just felt jarring about that so I stopped.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I’ve been dipping since I was a young lad. I do it more because I’m addicted. I have been “quitting” for years now. I don’t want this addiction to compromise my ability to smoke a pipe and the price of it is silly. I could buy a high end pipe once a month if I quite dipping.
Yep And it’s not going to get any cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.