PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
There was a similar thread sometime back and a forum member hotglued one of the oversized Chinese soup spoons to the metal lid of a 50g tin. Voila tout Instant pipe rest: inexpensive and clever as hell.
Fnord

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
That is really clever! I still have to build a little stove out of one. I've tried using it for ammo but its too heavy for the tins they don't seal well. I do hide a set of spare keys in an empty tin in my cellar.

Jul 12, 2011
I like the clock idea :) looks cool, I can see doing this with some

of the round Dunhill tins and using some disc magnets on it as

well
I use the LJ Peretti 8oz style paint cans as desk pen holders

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I put bulk in it I take from my cellaring jars and mark on it what is in it if it isn't the same blend.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I collect the empty tins. What am I going to do with them? NOT A DARN THING! :P

They just look awesome sitting around!
I lucked out at a yard sale the other weekend and found two very old Prince Albert tins for fifty cents each. I snatched those puppies up! lol
I would be more than happy to take anyone's old, empty tins, and would even send you back a check to cover the shipping costs to Maryland. Lemme know.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
My family knows where the box is to get all they want. But once that ran out.... My sister puts them on the

table at yard sales. Folks always find some use for them......

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I use them for tins of what-nots mostly,but I've used a few for Personal Survival Kits (PSKs). I like the rectangular ones better as they seem to hold more stuff, but the round ones are great for holding home-made fire starters (petroleum-jelly soaked cotton balls). I enjoy finding new ways to put as many "essential" items in them. I'll probably never use them for any sort of survival, but hey, you never know.
-Jason

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Make a clock! That's always been what I've wanted to do with mine. Right now my empty tins are just stacked up and collecting dust.
-Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.