PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
A few random Elvis memories that surfaced because of this thread:

Several years ago I took my daughter to the Royal Alberta Museum to see a display of famous leather jackets from Elvis, Arnold's T2 jacket, Judas Priest's frontman's outfit, etc.

One of my many aunts had a 8'×6' velvet Elvis portrait in her bedroom.

A girl I went to highschool with moved to Texas and married an Elvis relative, but he didn't look like Elvis.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I bought this and another leather wrapped pipe for cheap because I'd never had a leather wrapped pipe. Come to find out it's the same pipe Elvis used? Think I'll be smoking it a little more often now haha. My wife's Grandfather loved Elvis and there are still pictures of him all around his house. I'm a fan of his music but can't say I've ever watched an entire Elvis movie I don't believe.

oDCxFhV.jpg

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
My uncle, my dads brother, supposedly lived near his estate in California. I think. Anyway my aunt used to talk about raiding his trash. Picked up a couple of his outfits. They were mostly daily clothes and odds and ends. I asked her once if she had some of his dirty worn out underwear. Her comment, "I washed them". I think she lucked out once, got one of his decked out jump suits. Used to get all kinds of stupid things. Mostly stuff most would throw out. But she was literally nuts over him. She found a couple of those cigarette holders. A cracked ash tray. Lighters, match boxes, matches, Sometimes she'd find broken stuff. She didn't know why it was broken til years later when his wife was talking about their life together and I think they did a documentary about him. He shot up some TVs and other things that had apparently disappointed him. Or he shot the stuff instead of the people. Fame did the man no favors. Neither did the drugs.

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
I'm cousins with Elvis through marriage, true story. My wife's great great great great grandpa (maybe more greats, can't remember) and his great great great grandpa were brothers. I'm basically famous.

My girlfriend is related to him. Her dad changed the spelling of their last name to cut ties with him. Not sure of the reasoning neither is my girlfriend. She said her dad was a very private person, and apparently a asshole. When people saw his last name they'd ask if he was related. So he had an extra S added.

Reactions: Wellington

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
When I left for Desert Storm, my mother shed a tear that rolled down her somewhat trembly upper lip.

The day Elvis died, she was balled up on the floor, wailing and clutching her guts.

I learned a bit about my place in her life during those times... rotf

1608941827009.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
When I left for Desert Storm, my mother shed a tear that rolled down her somewhat trembly upper lip.

The day Elvis died, she was balled up on the floor, wailing and clutching her guts.

I learned a bit about my place in her life during those times... rotf

View attachment 57225
Well you know she could always have another son if she wanted, but there is only one Elvis or two if you think young Elvis and Awesome fat Elvis count as two people. The fact is you're far more replaceable just like us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.