PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
I'd say Elon should run for President but I think he understands Tesla holds more power than the bureaucratic nightmare that some people try to call a "government".

As soon as he announces the formation of his technocratic empire I'll happily apply for citizenship.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
He’s both. That’s just the way those people are. Zuckerberg. Henry Ford. Jeff Bezos. Any magnate of industry got there due to narcissism, grandiose ideas and pissing people off.
You forgot to mention Thomas Edison and the wright brothers. Edison was credited with a lot of patents that he actually stole from others.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

danish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2017
Denmark
When somebody challenges the established and has great success, every move and word will be scrutinized by those with various agendas. Especially by those whose industry or lifestyle is getting disrupted.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I wonder if these brains invest in research to cure us of lethal diseases and improve human life, etc., on the planet.
Of course they do. Wuhan lab, Covid, Monkey Pox, Pfizer, Moderna, and labs all over the world just waiting their turn to unleash the next pandemic that they will miraculously have a vaccine for within months. Emergency use of course and you won't know what's in it until you take it. They are making billions on their investments. They don't give a rats ass about humanity.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Of course they do. Wuhan lab, Covid, Monkey Pox, Pfizer, Moderna, and labs all over the world just waiting their turn to unleash the next pandemic that they will miraculously have a vaccine for within months. Emergency use of course and you won't know what's in it until you take it. They are making billions on their investments. They don't give a rats ass about humanity.
There is a Spanish saying: (Piensa mal y acertaras). Think wrong and you will be right Sincerely brother, I agree with you.

Reactions: FurCoat

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Rarely out of the news, this man clearly has a talent for making money, but he is also well known for his controversial views, some bordering on the truly bizarre.

He also appears to be something of a narcissist, revelling in the media attention that he more often than not has cultivated himself.

His latest ‘thing’ was his announcement that he intended to buy Twitter. First he was very interested, even quoting how much he was prepared to pay then a few weeks later stated he wouldn’t buy it unless certain terms were agreed beforehand….meanwhile the value of the company had shrunk considerably. A deliberate tactic? Who knows but possibly a clever one if he indeed intends to make the purchase.

There is no doubting his business prowess, he is after all supposed to be the richest man alive, but at what cost? Does the man have scruples, would he sell his grandmother if the price was right?

So folks, in your opinion, is this guy a saint or a sinner?

Regards,

Jay.
Clearly genius compared to average IQ. As for madman ... I don't know him but it does not appear to be the case.

As for your synopsis... there was a valid offer to buy Twitter at a premium by a group of investors led by Elon Musk. That offer was reduced to a contract in which the buyers agreed to oay a 1 billion dollar penalty if they walked away without cause. On the other side twitter represented that less than 5% of the accounts were fake/invalid/questionable. That's important because advertising costs are based on how many accounts are seeing the ads and potential buyers. It now turns out that may not be true and as many as 15% to 50% could be questionable which would expose the company to considerable litigation. There is nothing "mad" about asking someone to verify or prove what they represent under oath is true.

Finally for all you fans ... of meerschaum ... there is an Elon Musk carved meerschaum with space ex logo for sale on ebay ... just saw it today $370.00 . ( I have no connection to it or Elon Musk (in which case I might have it and be smoking it!! :ROFLMAO:)

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Clearly genius compared to average IQ. As for madman ... I don't know him but it does not appear to be the case.

As for your synopsis... there was a valid offer to buy Twitter at a premium by a group of investors led by Elon Musk. That offer was reduced to a contract in which the buyers agreed to oay a 1 billion dollar penalty if they walked away without cause. On the other side twitter represented that less than 5% of the accounts were fake/invalid/questionable. That's important because advertising costs are based on how many accounts are seeing the ads and potential buyers. It now turns out that may not be true and as many as 15% to 50% could be questionable which would expose the company to considerable litigation. There is nothing "mad" about asking someone to verify or prove what they represent under oath is true.

Finally for all you fans ... of meerschaum ... there is an Elon Musk carved meerschaum with space ex logo for sale on ebay ... just saw it today $370.00 . ( I have no connection to it or Elon Musk (in which case I might have it and be smoking it!! :ROFLMAO:)
Always interesting to hear the opinions of those from over the pond, they tend to have much more first hand knowledge of such matters. I have no access to any US news sites so it's always refreshing to hear news albeit 2nd hand.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Always interesting to hear the opinions of those from over the pond, they tend to have much more first hand knowledge of such matters. I have no access to any US news sites so it's always refreshing to hear news albeit 2nd hand.

Regards,

Jay.
Interesting to note that the day after he asked them to provide verification of the 5% figure the US Govt launched an investigation into him. (not after offer, not after contract but after asking for verification !).

Reactions: brian64
Status
Not open for further replies.