PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I'm sure he is a sort of genius. The term genius is fluid and sort of in the eye of the beholder, but his accomplishments are vast and diverse.
If I were a fan, I'd find it a bit worrying that he seems to enjoy outsmarting and ridiculing other people. Those things can backfire.
I don't think he is a madman, but I get the impression that he could become one through stress and substance abuse (I don't know if he is doing drugs, but I'm sure he's doing drugs. Of course he is)
He claims he is trying to save the planet and trying to save the human race while amassing enormous wealth and a cult-like following.
I find him rather unsettling with his narcissism and apparent lack of interest in anything that is not money or technology or himself.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
There's no way that this thread could go sideways... ?

IBTL
Why should it? It's a serious discussion thread asking for serious opinions....not poking any wasp nest here.

Regards,

Jay.
I'm sure he is a sort of genius. The term genius is fluid and sort of in the eye of the beholder, but his accomplishments are vast and diverse.
If I were a fan, I'd find it a bit worrying that he seems to enjoy outsmarting and ridiculing other people. Those things can backfire.
I don't think he is a madman, but I get the impression that he could become one through stress and substance abuse (I don't know if he is doing drugs, but I'm sure he's doing drugs. Of course he is)
He claims he is trying to save the planet and trying to save the human race while amassing enormous wealth and a cult-like following.
I find him rather unsettling with his narcissism and apparent lack of interest in anything that is not money or technology or himself.
An excellent analysis Workman. Not sure about the drugs thing but then I'm no expert. I tend to be very wary of those who show an unhealthy interest in their own self.....and he is indeed guilty of that (though of course it isn't a crime).

I was unaware of the possible Asperger's diagnosis but it does sound likely now I think about is.

I'm sure the 'experts' would have much to say about this multi layered enigma.

Regards,

Jay.

Edit: Not sure why these 2 replies got melded together.

Reactions: workman

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Not really. Kinda skimmed through. I watch SNL every week, cause there's almost always 10 minutes of good stuff out of the 65 other minutes (the rest, commercials.)
Jost and Che are usually the highlight.
You really should watch the damned thing for insights into Musk!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
He's well known to be a pothead. Anything more I've not heard anything about.
He has a genius for seeing opportunites and taking advantage of them. He could very well be on the Spectrum. The poster child for Asperger's has been Bill Gates.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Joe tried to take him on and reference 6000? positions Ford is adding.
In the past few years Ford has reduced employment by 20,000 while Elon expanded by 40,000.
And SpaceX is really the only credible option for access to & from the SpaceStation.
Joe is I’ll equipped to go tit-for-tat with Elon.

1654319760781.jpeg1654319760781.jpeg

Reactions: Ebarber and ron123
Status
Not open for further replies.