Elegance and grace, a female pipe smoker.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I am blessed with a good woman who comments only "Oh, you've been smoking in the house" when she comes home and I have not had a chance to air the place out. Right now, with 105º I'm not giving up on the a/c.
And I can't quite agree that all females are gentle creatures, nor would I want them all to be.
I do wish you luck in finding a great mate!

stranger

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2016
I'd be happy if my wife would tolerate me smoking around her. I could never imagine her grabbing it for a puff. Would be pretty cool though!

sailortodd

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
Nate, I hear Siri is good company. And if she doesn't fit your fancy, Cortana is the new hot nonexistent female presence.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
A pipe smoking significant other would be a good thing, but I wouldn't go shopping for specific habits and traits.
This is very true. Human expectations rarely match reality. I balance this with what our church psychologist advised:
"Find someone like you."

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
That being said, I consider my pipe smoking a solitary activity, and do not seek any sort of in person companionship or camaraderie in such activity." - sailortodd
I am really sorry you feel this way. While I enjoy sitting by the garden fountain and meditating while smoking a bowl, I really enjoy the monthly meetings of the New Orleans Pipe Club. We sit around discussing not so much the issues of the day but the latest pipe purchases, the tobaccos members have brought to share and even the quality of the different beers we are drinking.
As for finding the perfect woman, my advice would be to find one you can have an intelligent conversation with whether she smokes a pipe or not.

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Found this thread interesting, I've found a fairly big divide about thoughts on female pipe smokers. About half of the people I encounter think it's great or no big deal, but the other half seem to see it as an invasion of the male territory.
If you're looking for a female pipe smoker, she's likely to be a bit of a non-conformist.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Here ya go!
0c35e39d5c43d4c4eb87d32222ee6170.jpg

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
I know some women.
Hmmm... There seems to be a remarkably high correlation between those who do not smoke pipes and those who do not want to be in a relationship with me.
Bummer.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
If you're looking for a female pipe smoker, she's likely to be a bit of a non-conformist.
Good point, Renia. But... errr... how many of us are regular ol' conformists?
I see no reason to look for a mate on the basis of a single qualification, e.g. pipe smoker. Find someone who is good, who matches you, who is like you.
She can always learn to smoke a pipe later!
But even more: let her be her own person...

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I see no reason to look for a mate on the basis of a single qualification, e.g. pipe smoker. Find someone who is good, who matches you, who is like you.
She can always learn to smoke a pipe later!
But even more: let her be her own person...
But even better: Make me a damn sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.