PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Wow, awesome! Thanks so much for sharing that. It's so good to hear people openly discussing elements of negligence in the sinking, which was really the ships demise.
Interesting information which I have never heard before. One person's opinion, but it gives a better picture to the sinking.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Interesting information which I have never heard before. One person's opinion, but it gives a better picture to the sinking.
Read "The Night the Fitz Went Down" by Hugh E Bishop, he interviews Dudley Paquette, another captain on Superior that night.

Heres a doc on the sinking, again with interviews with opinions much like the ones in your video and in the book I mentioned, except these come from former crewmen on the Fitz. People have been quietly saying the same things for years.

That documentary is notorious for showing footage of a body on the wreck site. You can hardly tell what it is, it's not gruesome, but I feel distasteful anyway. It was also too cheap to licence any Lightfoot music, and the music is...pretty dreadful. Nevertheless it's a seldom seen and thorough documentary of a diving expedition on the wreck.