PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
When I was in the Army, I was able to convince a buddy that the best way to quit dipping was to buy a log of his favorite Copenhagen, dump it all into a bowl, and then start eating it as fast as he could with the goal of getting it all in before he threw up.

He did. It didn’t end well. I cannot advise this method of nicotine ingestion.

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
When I was in the Army, I was able to convince a buddy that the best way to quit dipping was to buy a log of his favorite Copenhagen, dump it all into a bowl, and then start eating it as fast as he could with the goal of getting it all in before he threw up.

He did. It didn’t end well. I cannot advise this method of nicotine ingestion.
With " did not end well" you mean that he liked it so much that he continued to do that often??

Sounds like this perique idea actually is good!

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
With " did not end well" you mean that he liked it so much that he continued to do that often??

Sounds like this perique idea actually is good!

I’d call it a resounding success. It actually worked, I don’t think he ever dipped again, but who knows.

We also got to clean literally everything within a 25m radius. That part sucked. It all sucked.

Bon appétit!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
How was the perique liquor? Im intrigued.
I can't remember exactly what the flavor profile was because that was four or five years ago.
That being said, I do remember it being a smooth, sweet taste and was surprised since it was Absinthe based that it didn't really have the black licorice flavor I associate with Absinthe. I do know that I spent a month or two trying to track the Perique liqueur down here in the U.S..

CostalKid

Lurker
Aug 10, 2022
... I do know that I spent a month or two trying to track the Perique liqueur down here in the U.S..

Reactions: BCF and Briar Tuck

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Because of perique's fermentation process, it accumulates a ton of good bacteria. So, it must be good to eat. I've thought about mixing it into my smoothies, or just eating it straight. Good for you, and relieves any vitamin N deficiency.

Has anybody else done this?

Thank.

Sent from Ipad.

I assume that this post is what comes of a little Fat Tuesday drinking?

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
I was planning on picking up a bottle, but $230 seems a little steep. I could pick up a bunch of actual perique for that amount, ha.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I'd highly recommend against any one ingesting tobacco. At a high enough level nicotine can kill you and the nominal amount we get into our bloodstream under controlled conditions (pipe chamber as measured amount) can be enough to make certain people feel ill.

Consider the above and the fact that you might easily ingest far more than a bowl full then think of the possible outcome. Just don't do it.

For reference:

Nicotine Properties

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Because of perique's fermentation process, it accumulates a ton of good bacteria. So, it must be good to eat. I've thought about mixing it into my smoothies, or just eating it straight. Good for you, and relieves any vitamin N deficiency.

Has anybody else done this?

Thank.

Sent from Ipad.
I believe this represents a fairly late sign of addiction. Ingenious none the less.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'd highly recommend against any one ingesting tobacco. At a high enough level nicotine can kill you and the nominal amount we get into our bloodstream under controlled conditions (pipe chamber as measured amount) can be enough to make certain people feel ill.

Consider the above and the fact that you might easily ingest far more than a bowl full then think of the possible outcome. Just don't do it.

For reference:

Nicotine Properties
Eating leaf is pretty safe actually. Nicotine doesn't last long in the stomach and it doesn't absorb easily there. Where it gets dangerous is if it's either liquid or administered rectally. Any solids you eat spend a long time getting kneaded in a seriously intense acid and enter the small intestine at a very slow rate. So yeah skip the smoothie.
Nah it's the bacteria that might be bad. Who knows what that does to a person.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I was excited until I saw the price.
Now it has to wait until I win the lottery.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I think your stomach acid is going to kill the bacteria you're trying to get a benefit from.