PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
But, all in all, I just don't give too much thought to reviews. All I really want to know from a review is, what is the genre, is it cased, topped
Nowadays, I also do the same thing, keep it simple. I am not a reviewer or anything, just a person who wants to enjoy his pipe.
Then I realize it may be similar to a story I read a few years back about a big wine tasting where people stood around raving about the "nose" and flavors of these expensive bottles of wines they were sipping. At the end of the night, the organizers let everyone in on the secret - the wines were all counterfeit!
haha, there are many similar stories and I am sure that they are true. I love drinking wine and there is a limit that I would pay for a single bottle of wine. Good wine doesn't (or at least shouldn't) cost that much. If it's not aged for a decade or so.
So you're telling me I went out and ate dirt, urinal cakes and grass for nothing? Boy do I feel foolish.
I am so sorry for making such a big mistake. When I said "I also would like to add that you have to taste everything in order to remember the taste and flavor of it" I wanted to state that in order to create a taste and flavor bank of yours you have to either taste or smell stuff such as food, drinks and other things (wood, smoke, grass, etc). How do we know the taste of rust for example? At some point in our life either we tasted or smelled it, thus it is in our flavor memory. English is not my native language, so sometimes I find it very difficult to express my way of thinking. I apologize for that again. And what the heck is urinal cake?

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
These cakes aren't for eating :mrgreen:
Urinal+Cake.jpg

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
jvnshr

Urinal Cakes are soap blocks they throw into urinals, improves the room note, from what I've heard.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Urinal Cakes are soap blocks they throw into urinals, improves the room note, from what I've heard.
How long before we see a tobacco review where the room note is described as "public urinal" ? :rofl:

How long before we see a tobacco review where the room note is described as "public urinal" ?

Look up Erinmore Flake in the reviews... Skip at The Briary, when I first picked up a tin of that, told me that it smelled exactly like urinal cakes. It does... the tin note, but in the smoke it translates into a fruity flavor on the tongue. One of my favorites now.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Cosmic, I also love Erinmore Flake and I totally remember how fast I finished my first tin of it. I like not only PS LTF but also LBF and LNF. I also own a pipe that's dedicated to PS Luxury series. I used to smoke Erinmore Flake in a cob though.

Status
Not open for further replies.