PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your early Christmas gift. I hope you can enjoy it for many years to come.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Storient meers=VERY nice pipes....Congrats and many years of good smokin to ya...

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Thought I'd toss out a update pic showing the coloring process.
Diptic-3.jpg

It's going pretty evenly I think, with the shank starting to show just a tad more color now than the bowl.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Roth, I'm almost certain it is acrylic; it doesn't have the comfort of rubber IMO. I do, however, think the color of the stem will contrast nicely with the pipe over time (personally I don't know about the reds, blues, etc, not my taste I reckon) so the little less comfort and the durability is an okay trade off in my mind.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Very nice Pipe! & thanks for the repost with the tobacco. Have to go to my mother-in-laws this weekend, about an hour outside Gatlinburg, now I have something to do!

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Very nice Pipe! & thanks for the repost with the tobacco. Have to go to my mother-in-laws this weekend, about an hour outside Gatlinburg, now I have something to do!

Don't forget to take a (large) pipe; they let you fill a bowl of their bulks to try for free. Their burley blend is very good, if you like burley, and so id the Chimney Smoke! Have a good time. :puffpipe:

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Thought it was time for a photo update. I am applying beeswax for the first time tonight so here are the last photos before I do so:

Tomorrow I'll try to add another if I see a significant difference after waxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.