PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A "gift" from my brother who has a knack of tracking down these "weird" stuff.

Surprisingly since he had the most narrow and limited palate growing up and would refuse to eat 90% of items most think of as "normal"

Another durian-flavoured product. Made in Canberra, Oz, but only available in Singapore. I think they bought out the whole batch.

image.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Some of the members of my company are Asian expatriates and they bring snacks in from all over the place. The durian ones are good but my favorites are the pandan ones. The Mountain Dew Cheetos were really good too.
Now pandan - that's a flavour that even my wife is fond of.
I'm banished to the backyard whenever I wish to indulge in anything durian. ?

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
Nice to visit an Asian Market in the USA every now and again. I love the canned coffee. Its amazing how flavors change for the world. Even plain old soda. 7-up in Europe is extremely Lemon-like and a coke, if I remember correctly costs more than a beer on tap.
I don't suppose we'll see a Duran tobacco or KitKat tobacco coming from Asia?

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
Funny, I find the actual fruit to be a little "too strong" for my taste buds but have enjoyed them in puff pastries and flavoring for other snacks.
It depends on which "type" you eat as the actual fruit. There are many types, D24, Musang King, Red Prawn, Black Thorn, etc etc. Each has the taste of their own, some even taste a bit of alcohol. Usually, those that has strong taste are the higher grade one, and usually those are sold as whole fruit ? . On the other hand, those they use to make pastries and flavoring other snacks, are lower grade, hence, it didn't taste too strong.

Jun 23, 2019
It depends on which "type" you eat as the actual fruit. There are many types, D24, Musang King, Red Prawn, Black Thorn, etc etc. Each has the taste of their own, some even taste a bit of alcohol. Usually, those that has strong taste are the higher grade one, and usually those are sold as whole fruit ? . On the other hand, those they use to make pastries and flavoring other snacks, are lower grade, hence, it didn't taste too strong.

Damn, next time I'm in Singapore/Malaysia I'll have to try some more then..