PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Personally I like the styling of the Danish and Italian schools too much for a shape chart standard English pipe. I don't mind that others love straight billiards that would put me to sleep. If I was ever going to splurge on a Dunhill, I would buy a Quaint just so it held my interest.
There were plenty of wonky ass dunhill shapes over the years. Certainly don’t see them as often as their shape chart standards but there are some wild ones out there.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I like how it has the clay pipe tooth hole. @halfdan this is your future! 😂
@alaskanpiper I won't get pipe notches as I never clench my clays. I know they can file your teeth down and cause abcesses - they must be very painful especially with the tobacco smoke and tar from the clay pipes getting into the holes...
Clay pipe notches have often been found in skulls during archaeological digs; as my property is furnished in a medieval style and is built on land that used to belong to a medieval manor house, I'm likely to confuse future historians!

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Congrats on finding a pipe you enjoy smoking. That's the important thing.
True , I might turn into an estate guy as this Dunhill and the no name Italian Dublin have been the best smokers so far but as it goes my $48 Brigham bent billiard is right up there in the mix , it takes all kinds…

Reactions: sablebrush52

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Wanted to post a follow-up. I didn't end up winning the pipe I was drooling over on auction but through a member on the forum I did acquire a 1967 ES Canadian and it smokes wonderfully. Its quickly earned a spot in my top 3 best smoking pipes I own.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Wanted to post a follow-up. I didn't end up winning the pipe I was drooling over on auction but through a member on the forum I did acquire a 1967 ES Canadian and it smokes wonderfully. Its quickly earned a spot in my top 3 best smoking pipes I own.
Noice 😎

Reactions: That Guy

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Wow! Congratulations! It’s always nice to be pleasantly surprised. I really like the long ES Canadian shape too.