PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
No edge, it just seems some people can face facts. And I AM a charmer!
This is the first time I've heard about this. Can't be in every thread...and I have not been here that long to follow the discussions that have been going on for at least a year.
And I AM a charmer! :nana:
Charmed, I'm sure. :laughat:

elvergun

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2017
It blows NightCap away in flavor and presentation imho.
Artisans is a little sweeter...Nightcap is a little stronger. These are two of my favorite blends. I prepared for the Dunhill apocalypse -- now it seems I need to prepare for the downfall of Artisan's Blend.
Damn...when it rains, it pours.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Possibilty of Artisans going away will be a real travisty! I am not a Latikia smoker but I always have a tin open on hand. It is my change of pace blend. It has this certain je ne sais quoi! It blows NightCap away in flavor and presentation imho.

Maybe another one to chase...OK..Just ordered from PC 5 Artisans. I have not tried this yet but did pick one up 3 weeks ago. From the Tin is smells Great....My 1/2 order from SP of FMC 100g arrived today..the rest Saturday. 30 Tins total. 15 Tins are going to cellar for 5yrs+. They will be with the Pappy (Luckily I picked up a number of bottles before the Craziness and the Truck chasers for Buffalo Trace products).
Now...let me look at the Crystal Ball.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
I just ordered 10 tins of Artisians as well! I am still licking my wounds from McCelland beating and I had started my sabbatical of no more baccy. That lasted 12 hours. Ha

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
Yep, I have been stocking up on Artisan Blend since knowing that Syrian is going away. Not sure how much longer it will be available. I also picked up a pound of Mac Baren HH Vintage Syrian just so I can get my Syrian fix in the future. Vintage Syrian is a nice blend.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
Yes. HH Syrian is in its last year! From what I have read. I already stocked up on it. Will be good trade tin and prices will expotentialy go up to buy on 2nd hand market.

My 10 tins of Aritisans will last me 20 years.
As has been said million times, if you like a blend buy it and cellar now!

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I just received an email in stock notification from P&C for bulk nightcap. They raised the price $.50 per ounce across the board on it over what I paid 6 weeks ago though.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
I just received an email in stock notification from P&C for bulk nightcap. They raised the price $.50 per ounce across the board on it over what I paid 6 weeks ago though.

TP also has bulk nightcap. A few cents less.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
BTW Tobbacopipes has them in stock now. Love the free shipping too!
Thanks, gkr1! Just ordered half a dozen tins of of Artisan's Blend and Nightcap to cellar.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Yes, I think Dunhill tin prices will skyrocket. Perhaps even more so than McClellands, as they are more widely known outside the USA. Although the inventory of Dunhill tins is probably ten times that of McClellands tins. So it'll take a while before the pinch is felt. Actually the present incarnation of Dunhill ceases production months ago. It'll probably take a year for the stock, outside of personal cellars, to he depleted completely. But I'd guesstimate today's ten dollar Dunhill tin will probably be worth five times that, at least, in two or three years. Now, should another company step up to the plate and proceed to manufacture Dunhill tins, why, instead a five times, I'd guesstimate a twofold increase in value.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
By the way, I just purchased twenty-five tins of Dunhill London Mixture. I can't envision a future without London Mixture. What will I smoke when I read my Doyle?

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Guys, Artisan's Blend is not going away AFIK. The reason I say this is because they have already quietly removed the word "Syrian" from their tins. Compare the one as SP https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/ashton/Artisan's-Blend-50g/product_id/16412 to the one at P&C which has not been updated. So if you ordered it recently, you will probably be getting the new Cyprian version. Which is not to say it won't be good, or even as good, or who knows - even better.

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Holy unsubstantiated rumors Batman.
I just sent an email to Kohlhase & Kopp asking them if Artisan's Blend is truly disappearing. I will post their response if they actually send one.
I kinda wish that the folks who post that a blend is disappearing, would cite the information that lead them to this conclusion so that other forum members may properly educate themselves. Just tossing that out there..

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Well, hopefully the people stocking up are going to enjoy the new Cyprian version. :roll:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Lazar, I'm not sure that Syrian has been used in large quantities in Artisan's Blend anyway. The one tin I smoked through was good, but it wasn't like the Syrian in Wilderness. Although both have Cyprian and Artisan's has some black cavendish. And the tin I smoked was prior to 2017. I prefer Nightcap to Artisan blend. If Dunhill is rocking on in the Free World, I may have to order some Nightcap with my order of Ye Olde Signe. I haven't ordered any because I don't want to miss it when it's gone.
My wife loves English Blends, I'll have to surprise her with some NightCap. The tin art sets the stage every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.