PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Boy, you really can never go home again. DNF just sucks so badly its hard to believe this is what they were working on for the past 15 years. It's just so awful, you feel violated for spending even $10 on it like it did. I might never be clean....but I have to go shower now and try to wash the stink off me that was coming off my monitor for the last 30 minutes.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Duke Nukem, bleah! Monolith's BLOOD was where it's at! BLOOD2 notsomuch. I'd love to see a high-quality redux of Blood 1. If you download the original Blood from GOG.com there is a stage where you can repeatedly stab Duke Nukem's corpse with a pitchfork. good times!

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Spent a lot of time on the original DN, and the expansion packs.
Same with Doom, and all the bootleg .wads.
Would enjoy playing Doom I and II again. I have the recent incarnation of Doom. it is good, but not great.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Serious Sam 3 was a bust as well . Best bang for the buck is Fallout New Vegas with all the expansion packs 200 plus hours of play .

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I'm always amazed at how game developers manage to build a franchise only to muck it up. Splinter Cell was one of the most brilliant games ever and the first 3 on PC were amazing. Then comes Double Agent and its so buggy its unplayable. Mech Warrior 1 & 2, great. Mech 3, a turd. Call of Duty and Medal of Honor seem to be the only ones immune to not lemming themselves into oblivion. Even their bad releases are better than most others good releases.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Call of Duty and Medal of Honor seem to be the only ones immune to not lemming themselves into oblivion. Even their bad releases are better than most others good releases.
I agree, but COD is goin down the tubes too, battlefield is gonna take it over, i dont know how many times i can prestige in my life before i chuck my xbox out the window.
I like the pipe and a book video game better.
And duke nukem forever sucked hardcore

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Oh come now it wasn't really all that bad. It just wasn't any better than average. It was still duke just as he was with all his snappy one liners and the aliens stealing our women.

I blame 3D Realms for how lackluster it was and not Gearbox. All Gearbox did was take what they had and polish it up and put the finishing touches there. The really exciting bit about DNF is that it finally did come out...hah no just kidding. The really exciting bit is that now that a developer that has a good handle on what its doing and is capable of releasing current gen games has hands on the Duke we'll be able to see what they do together.
P.S.

CoD has been going down the tubes since the third. The second was the last good one.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Wolfenstein has been good, I played the first one way back and then Return to Wolfenstein and the latest one which was also good though not as good as Return.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
to veer the topic slightly ... I've thoroughly played Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3, and they are both excellent.
Battlefield 3 is a strong contender against MW3, but MW3 is relatively clean, bug-free and polished by comparison.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
For me WoW was 30 minutes of disappointment followed by uninstall. Me too if I even let it contaminate my hard drive that long .

vondutch68

Lurker
Nov 12, 2011
Crap, I missed the wolfenstein reference higher up on the page. I think gaming has fried part of my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.