PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
Ok so I go to eat a fast food chicken place and I sat down to eat.. I'm in a table near a window that over looks the out going drive thru lane.. Now to be honest I'm a bit of a jerk on a good day.. But it gets in my craw when at a FAST FOOD place they have you pull forward so they can take the money from the next car in line and your stuck waiting for you meal.. if I went to a mid level sit down restaurant ordered a simple Ruben sandwich fries and drink then a family of 4 come in a order all their food and get it before me I would be upset.. this has happened to me at a few fast food places where i'm asked to pull forward.. From now ON i will say no give me my food or money back this is a FAST FOOD DRIVE THRU

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
But then on the other hand, you know your food is freshly prepared and has not been sitting around.
Having to pull up is annoying though, for sure!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
While I sympathize with the feeling of aggravation, there is no one I'm more polite and friendly with than someone preparing and/or handling my food. If I don't like the service, I don't go back...but last thing I'm going to do is give them a reason to "contaminate" something I'm about to eat.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yea, definitely dude, I understand. I travel 300+ days on the road every year of my pipe smoking life that is no joke.
If you know the place then go through the drive through.
I have this wonderful girl that always smiles when taking my payment, not the order folks, but the payment girl
Yesterday I had pipe in mouth, and took it out to pay. She was like, I see that pipe in your mouth. you're to young to smoke a pipe. Pipes are for old guys, but It smells good. I was trying to be nice of the guy behind me so stiffled the conversation, took my tacos and went on my merry way

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
While I sympathize with the feeling of aggravation, there is no one I'm more polite and friendly with than someone preparing and/or handling my food. If I don't like the service, I don't go back...but last thing I'm going to do is give them a reason to "contaminate" something I'm about to eat.
A wise man. As a college student, I worked as a delivery man for one of the large pizza chains. We kept dried red pepper on hand as a free option for folks who asked for it. But if you were rude or lewd to the women who answered the phones and took orders, you would find some surprises on your pizza - a circle of red pepper under a piece of pepperoni, for example, or inserted into fresh sausage or ground beef.
As to the OP - if they happen not to have any of your particular sandwich, say, immediately prepared, should the whole line come to a halt while they get your sandwich ready? Inconvenience other customers so you don't have to pull over?

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
Stuff happens. I have no reason to believe that they want me out of there any slower than I want to be myself. I also, go out of my way to be polite to those who work fast food or really any service job. Nothing galls me more than to see someone mistreat an employee at restaurant or store. Think about your own job and consider a situation in which something completely out of your control prevents you from taking care of something someone else needs from you. Would it seem fair if that person got in your face and demanded that you do no other thing than address their issue at that moment even if it were physically impossible for you to do so?
Now, I'm not saying that you are necessarily "mistreating" these folks, but you would most certainly be a major pain in the ass and I'm sorry, but your Filet-o-fish isn't going to cook any faster whether you're sitting at the window or sitting 15 feet away. We're all just people trying to get along and it may feel like you're taking a stand for your right to fast service, all you're really doing is denying it to others and the circumstance in the long run seems a tad petty.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Treat people kindly no matter where, but return rude behavior with Destain, but as someone said they are fixing your food, spit is a deadly weapon HaHa the old cajun

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
I always try to be polite until someone is rude to me; then the gloves are of. I hardly eat fast food any more because 1) it isn't fast most of the time 2) 80 - 90% of the time the food sucks greasy, fries old and dried out

3) I can make burgers and fries, or fried chicken, whatever for a fraction of what they charge and it only takes a couple more minutes.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
If your biggest inconvenience is waiting for your fast food, then you have a mighty easy life.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Ya I agree, it is his post. And I don't blame him. I would also refuse to pull ahead while waiting for my order. The sliding window is to accept payment and pass food out.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I hear ya !
I've felt like using my truck to push the "soccer mom in the mini van with a bunch of kids who want more dipping sauce"... but then I realize that could have been my wife in front of me for many years and I just sit and wait :rofl:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
i d"on"t go to the drive thru,i have a wife who ask across me,"all kinds of questions about what you get with this,is this a deal,etc,so i park and make her go in,saves me from haveing agravation,and ruining my day the old cajun

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
That's what happens when you bitch on the internet. You get feedback on both sides. I don't personally care what someone does at the window, I just think that when a person asks you to pull up and wait a minute that refusing is a little petulant. I don't mean this to sound as harsh as it might, but if you want to look childish to a bunch of folks working in a fast food place, knock yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.