PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambone

Lurker
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
I have one in my rotation, I smoke straight Virginias out of it. I gurgles something fierce. I have to put about 3 pipe cleaners down her for each bowl.

Dec 24, 2012
Well shit guys, I hate a pipe that gurgles. I can't give those to the boys - would probably turn them off pipe smoking forever. Yeesh, now I will have these two pipe stuck in my closet forever.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Bah... hold onto 'em and flip 'em at a profit in a year or so when they're collectible Peck.
Late October in 2014 or 2015 sounds about right.
-- Pat

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Peck, from what I've seen of your collection, you have a LOT more appropriate heirlooms to pass down.

Dec 24, 2012
I hear you BigVan, when I die they can take all my pipes and stand me in the corner and use me as a pipe holder for all I care. But until that day, I wanted to give them a couple of nice, cheaper pipes (since the Cookes will need to be pried from my cold, dead hands), but they have to be good smokers.
Pruss - I doubt these things will be collectible. They seem to be turning them out at high velocity.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Pruss - I doubt these things will be collectible. They seem to be turning them out at high velocity.
Word. I was trying to make you feel better. I was also SHOCKED you hadn't picked up a couple Ardor Fantasy pipes with which to welcome them into the brotherood of the briar.
-- Pat

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"Pruss - I doubt these things will be collectible. They seem to be turning them out at high velocity."
I think you're right, Peck. So sell them NOW.

Jul 12, 2011
Peck, if you think they won't be good smokers, just drop

SP.com an email, get the return info and send them back.
I do have some great Pete's more around the $150-$200

price range that are outstanding smokers..but have ordered

a few around the $95-$100 range that after inspection/some

have had drills almost coming out the side of the bowl ; WTF

Peterson (don't put that crap on the market, throw them in

the fire and call it a day..nothing worse than giving your

pipes a bad rep ;-) as in making hand-made briars and

selling them, I find only "perfect" will do , not only

for myself but for my clients...no exceptions!

Dec 24, 2012
I ordered them late this aft, so I sent them an email asking if I could cancel them if they haven't already shipped them out. If they have, I will stick them in the closet, lol.
Pruss - I have about 25 Ardors, including many of the Fantasy pipes, so I have no shortage of those. I just wanted something really distinct that I could say I bought especially for them. I guess I need to climb into the $200 range.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I wasn't discounting your gesture or motivation Peck. Just picking on you a touch, that's all. I have enjoyed the pics of some of your Ardors which was what brought them to mind. I'm sure you'll find the RIGHT pipes for your lads. It sounds like you have a little time too.
Cheers,
-- Pat

Dec 24, 2012
Well, I was too late to cancel these Dracula pipes. Damn SP and their quick delivery! LOL
I will do a thorough test of hole alignment when they come. Maybe I'll get one of the good ones.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Just because some of them gurgle it doesn't mean others will. I think your idea for these pipes is a fine one and salute your plan!

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Peck:

If you really want to get rid of them, I'll take them off of your hands if you want. I live in T.O, so I can come pick them up from you. If you decide to keep them, they'll make good gifts to your kids one day, but if when you get them and you don't like them, shoot me a PM and I'll buy them off you...
Shutterbug

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I think the boys will love them if they like your pipe smoking now. My son keeps asking me when he gets older if he can get one of my pipes. I plan on giving him the Rattray's Panelled Billiard he picked out for me earlier this year when he's old enough and if he still wants it. The pics you showed are perfect for a couple of young men to start with, kinda cool, they stand out and make a bit of a bold statement. I'm sure they'll enjoy them, I think it was a great idea to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.