PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
"What ?!! You guys don't think using the miniature condoms is a good idea?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good idea! Being older now, the regular size ones keep sliding off prior to use. (wait and see for yourself)
"...the finger condoms, tell 'em at Walgreens what you're buying them for"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You just say they are for a friend........

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Not to steal the thread, but when I was 16 I worked for Lamps Unlimited putting together crystal chandeliers, we had a huge box of cots so finger prints would not show on the crystals. I put some in my pocket and they ended up in the keys and change dish at home. My mother saw them and wanted to know what they were. Being the smart ass 16 year old, I said, that is how you keep from getting kittens and walked away. She just stood there with mouth open. I couldn't just pass that up. :rofl:

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Cortez nailed it. My local B&M has little plastic pieces (condoms :wink: ) that cover the stem. I wouldn't recommend trying it without asking though. You could very well end up with a new pipe whether you like it or not. 8O

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Eh if the store clerk asks just tell them Papa Smurf finally was getting lucky with Smurfet.
But on the serious side, I think its a great idea by the way cortezattic. I have baught a few pipes where the bit was just not comfortable in my mouth and took to it with sand paper before, may have effected its value or screwed it up on a few basket pipes. I think we should be able to get the full feel of the pipe before we drop the green on one especially if its at a B&M.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
It just occurred to me that my digital thermometer has single-use slide-on sleeves as another (and less potentially embarassing) alternative.

Personally, I would rather gamble on a potentially bad purchase.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
What ?!! You guys don't think using the miniature condoms is a good idea? [8O]
yeah this is kinda crying out to be made fun of.
I would imagine though, that most pipe shops would say "you just bought that" if you decided to put it in your maw right there to try it out.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
"yeah this is kinda crying out to be made fun of."

---------------------------------------------------------

Always remember that they are not 100% effective!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Don't put it in your mouth. Feel it up with your hands.
I'm sorry but you gotta skip first base and slide straight to second and stay there.
If you run it through with a pipe cleaner I'm going to call that third base.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
:rofl:

Don't put it in your mouth. Feel it up with your hands.

I'm sorry but you gotta skip first base and slide straight to second and stay there.

If you run it through with a pipe cleaner I'm going to call that third base.
+1

Putting a pipe that is for sale in your mouth is bad form, and discourteous to the proprietor, not to mention any other potential buyers.

I personally don't even use the little plastic sleeves. I tried one years ago... and it not only was a total distraction from the pipe, I just don't like the idea.... prophylaxis or no.

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Most of the pipe shops I have been in have a steadfast "You lip it, you buy it" rule.
Here's a little technique I devised for testing the waters. It's not perfect, but it works for me:
1. Take two pipe cleaners, place them side by side;

2. Bend them until they assume a similar silhouette as the pipe you're wanting to test;

3. Clench one end of the pair in your teeth or simply hold it in your lips in case you don't intend to bite down on your pipe;

4. On the opposite end, wrap the cleaners around a finger and pull down with a counter pressure that simulates the weight of the pipe.

5. If that is somewhat comfortable to you, chances are, the pipe will be a comfortable fit, as well.
Like I said, it's not a perfect technique, but it puts you in the ballpark and you don't run the risk of irritating the B&M clerk.
Happy puffing.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'm all for the finger condom idea. I have bought pipes that I loved in every way but had to get rid of eventually because the button just didn't fit in my teeth right. I'm a clencher so if it wont sit comfortably in my teeth it might as well be a brylon nosewarmer.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
So... Ohin, you've shopped like that before?
Have you walked into a B&M and chomped on all the pipes to see if they were for you? Just seems strange to me.
That's like dumping a hotty because her feet aren't pretty.
Get her some different shoes. :puffy:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I stick my tongue in the bowl and do a few lifts with the tip of my tongue. If it's easy to lift, I know I can clench it. I do have to drive out of state to visit a B&M now, though.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
How about a mirror to see what it looks like against your ugly mug. Kinda like trying on a hat. They dont make ya put some silly sock on your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.