PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Pounds, I only buy tins and a few ounces in bulk. I’ve yet to consider anything I’d want pounds of.

I get tired of smoking the same thing over very quickly, so I always like to try new blends all the time.

When I’ve read and seen the mass amounts of people that buy and cellar pounds, this was the first thing that came to mind. :LOL:

View attachment 59413
But wait until you find a blend that you adore, over the course of a year. It becomes apparent that it's a real keeper, and you smoke it everyday. At that point I think you'll start worrying that you'll run out, especially if it's availability is hit or miss. Then it will be pound(s) time.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Pounds, I only buy tins and a few ounces in bulk. I’ve yet to consider anything I’d want pounds of.

I get tired of smoking the same thing over very quickly, so I always like to try new blends all the time.

When I’ve read and seen the mass amounts of people that buy and cellar pounds, this was the first thing that came to mind. :LOL:

View attachment 59413
What a hoot! This photo is great!! LOL. Made me chuckle away now while smoking a good size bowl of Sutliff's Whiskey Cavendish and a glass of Rye whiskey. Ran through two big helpings/bowls of C&D's Morley's Best beforehand followed by Stutliff's Black Cavendish. Got a bit of dizziness with the Morley's Best--kind of a surprise, but good (I thought it would be like Larry's Blend but I found it an even better flavor to smoke except for the slight dizziness--granted I hadn't eaten anything all day :). Back to the photo--reminds me of elembentary school days and atomic bomb drills as we knelt under our little desks and tornado drills while crouched down in the school hallway with our heads on the floor and flush against our little metal wall lockers while we covered our necks with our hands (Tulsa, OK back in the day). Anyone else remember bomb drills or tornado drills when they were kiddos??? Do kids still do that in school?
LOL,
mike