Does Key Largo Taste Like An English Blend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
Paired with a fruity mixed beverage on the beach with the air pushing the mixture of sexy woman sweat and sunscreen will arouse you like no other blend can.

For Heck's sake, why did you have to bring this up... now I need to pop a tin and head to the beach.

Sorry Jiminks, Cosmic just won review of the year! Now I've got to go load up a bowl of KL and break out the rum one last time this season...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A footnote here: Cigar leaf makes a nice condiment to give a unique spin to various blends as a change of pace. I don't know where the Key Largo cigar leaf comes from, but it is counter intuitive that cigar wrapper leaf is a cash crop of the State of Connecticut, which I do not associate with tobacco crops otherwise. I just used cigar leaf as a mix with the last of a tin of the discontinued Dunhill Durbar Virginia based English blend, along with some unflavored black Cavendish to add volume to the smoke, and it was more than nice.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
A footnote here: Cigar leaf makes a nice condiment to give a unique spin to various blends as a change of pace. I don't know where the Key Largo cigar leaf comes from, but it is counter intuitive that cigar wrapper leaf is a cash crop of the State of Connecticut, which I do not associate with tobacco crops otherwise. I just used cigar leaf as a mix with the last of a tin of the discontinued Dunhill Durbar Virginia based English blend, along with some unflavored black Cavendish to add volume to the smoke, and it was more than nice.
Are you still puffing on Billy Budd these days?

But... don’t go into a cigar pipe blend thinking it is too much like a cigar. Russ has pointed out many times that the flavor you get when the cigar touches your lips is something that cannot be mimicked in your pipe. It adds a flavor, but first and foremost it is a mouth feel and oiliness that it gives a blend that is it’s main nuance.

But, it does add a cigarish flavor, just not a complete cigar experience. If that makes sense.
Go into a cigar blend expecting a unique experience, and you won’t be disappointed.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Key Largo is mostly Virginia forward to me, with a hint of cigar. Doesn't taste at all like any cigars I liked to smoke, but it is a great condiment in that blend.

I think it is worthwhile exploring that blend. It is very tasty. Just don't expect a cigar or "english" style tobacco. It is something else.

If you like virginia tobaccos with a certain je ne sais quoi, this is it. Ok, we know that it's cigar leaf, but it still seems like a mystery. Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.