Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenw

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
WV
Everyday I put my change into a tzedakah box that I own and when it is full I cash in the coins and then give that amount to charity. I have never missed that change and I will go out of my way to not use change for any purchase.

nightrider

Lurker
Dec 29, 2015
Brought over an old 5 gallon kerosen jar to Colombia. My wife and i take some of the coins to open a CD every other month.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I can't remember a time when I didn't collect coins, both as a collection-hobby and a means to saving. When I was boy, silver was still in American coinage... what I wouldn't give to have those several shoe boxes back now! Or when silver was the better part of $50 an ounce not too long ago. In earlier years, when my kids were growing up, gathered change always took the family out to dinner. Now it becomes, more often than not, my bakkie or booze fund. Right now, even tho I don't have any grandkids in the works, I have a roll each of all the first series of 50 state quarters... I'm assembling half a dozen pipe tobacco tins with a complete collection of all 50 states each for grandkids someday. Hoping the tins will pique their curiosities as much as the coins.(even if I'm no longer around) Live and hope.

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
I have this ornamental pirate chest (+/- 20 inches) in my study where loose coins are deposited, once a couple of months I will ask my 9 year old nephew to sort and tally it up, afterwards we deposit it into his share account whereby it is invested in dividend paying equity. He does not appreciate having shares in companies like British American Tobacco but got rather excited when I told him he owns shares in Domino's Pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.