Do You Read On A Kindle, Paper Books, Audiobooks?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
It just depends on what you are interested in. I don’t specifically look for where a podcast is coming from. I just do searches for lecture series on Youtube on our Roku for things like printmaking, aesthetics, art history, or contemporary graphic arts.
Printmakers and graphic artists tend to exist in communities that share ideas that feed larger communities like Harvard or the Smithsonian. I’ve been out of the loop for a few decades, so I’ve been trying to catch up. We didn’t have podcasts or video lectures when I was in grad school.

I’m not sure if fine art printmaking or graphic arts would be your gig.
Art history and aesthetics would be. How-to lectures not so much.

swampgrizzly

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2018
South Louisiana, U.S.A.
Due to spending a lot screen time everyday using tablets, laptops, etc. my eyes enjoy the change to hardback reading for books. It's similar to the decompression, relaxation, and zen feeling I experience while smoking my pipes. Without long commutes, audio books just don't have any appeal for me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I’ve been doing audiobooks for about twenty years (with a paper book thrown in now and again when time permits) and have enjoyed them a lot.
<< Snipped bits out >>

Do you all use a Kindle or the like? How do you do your reading?
I did Kindle for a while, but read mostly on Mac Laptop, and iPad. Audiobooks on iPhone. Still too many unused credits on Audible, and now Chirp has come into the picture along with Apple's bookshop.

All in all I prefer a real book, but don't buy any- too many unread here already.

Reactions: Sam Gamgee