PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
I always eat breakfast. I go through phases of eating slight variations of pretty much the same thing, currently I'm eating breakfast oats and fruit.

I also have several espressos, I could probably function without food but I certainly couldn't function without coffee.

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
Yoghurt, and for carbohydrates whole wheat bread, oatmeal or an apple.
Two cups of black coffee.

I'm no morning person.
Prefer to start my day in utter silence so no talking, no TV or radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpmcwjr and Bowie

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I love peanut butter with butter and jam with butter...it has to be salted butter.
Absolutely! Who was the creep who took to "Unsalted butter"?? And every recipe I've seen (tho not many) calls for unsalted butter, then a call for salt....Go figure.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Most days of the week, oatmeal with nuts, dates or fruit. Sometimes sourdough bread or rye bread for toast. Only have bacon about 4 times a year, usually when I get together with the guys. I'm a flea-gan, a flexible vegan.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
I've done intermittent fasting for several years now. No breakfast. First meal at 1 pm, last meal at 7 pm. On weekends when I'm working in the garden, I'll have an extra meal. I promised myself never to have trousers larger than a 30 inch waist. Intermittent fasting is how I keep my promise.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Bowie

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I've done intermittent fasting for several years now. No breakfast. First meal at 1 pm, last meal at 7 pm. On weekends when I'm working in the garden, I'll have an extra meal. I promised myself never to have trousers larger than a 30 inch waist. Intermittent fasting is how I keep my promise.
Same here, 18-6 schedule. I'm fine with waiting until at least 11am - noon before eating, sometimes I'm not even hungry until mid-afternoon. Unless I'm at my mother-in-law's house. She makes a mean egg bake.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
"then a call for salt....Go figur (sic)"

As salted butters vary in salt percentage, no-salt butter allows the cook to have more control over the final product. Depending on what I'm cooking I like the ability to choose the amount and type of salt used.

trouttimes: Add a couple of sausages, tomato, potatoes, black and white puddings and you're close to a "full Irish farmer's breakfast. Mushrooms are nice also. Now you're ready for a full days work or play!

bullwinkle

Lurker
Feb 23, 2010
Weekdays are a big bowl of Cheerio with a sliced banana and a couple cups of pour over coffee. Sunday's i fix our breakfast eggs/meat/english muffins or french toast/meat or my fav hash under 3 poached eggs.

does anyone know 'banan*a' gets flagged?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Over a long life of breakfasts, I've never been big on eggs. I finally accustomed to scrambled, and an egg bake can be good, but not fried, poached, or anything runny. Deviled eggs are good, but not for breakfast. Everything else breakfast is good for me, even in Europe where they have cheese and fruit. I like most cereals hot or cold, toast, muffins, biscuits, quality sweet rolls or coffee cake, fried or other potatoes, berries, bagels, and so on. When in England, tea. If I'm awake and can put some water on my face, I'm ready to eat. Bacon is great, but fried Spam is a nice change of pace. I'm easy to please.

David_Lawrence

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2019
I don't eat breakfast, I smoke it.

Only time I made myself eat before leaving for work was when I was a gardener for a few years and then it was porridge, which is so much nicer than the 'prison food' stigma had led me to believe.

If my lunch break is four hours after I start work then that's when I'll first eat and I function just fine. Some people think the body will just crumple if you don't eat upon waking but I suspect it's called breakfast because you're breaking your fast, hence not immediately eating.

Unless coffee counts, in which case yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.