PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I always have breakfast I can’t function with out it. Similar to @jaytex969 during the week it’s usually cereal or oatmeal sometimes a couple pieces of bacon, or toast. I can’t do coffee very often because I’m very caffeine sensitive which is a shame because I love good coffee and especially espresso. I’ll have some tea here and there. On the weekend my wife and I will go all out with pancakes, waffles or omelets, occasionally chilaquiles.

My wife is the opposite, she won’t eat until lunch, but she HAS to have coffee, she usually does at least one pour over, sometimes a whole Chemex. On the weekends if we’re feeling special and I feel like having some coffee too, we’ll bust out a 1949 GE vacuum pot, which makes wonderful coffee and looks wild while you’re making it.

Reactions: Casual

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
Yes. Cereal just about every morning. Sometimes I mix it up with a random food if I don't feel like the norm. I work 3rd shift, so a light breakfast because my dinner is at 3 am.

f5rd2hy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2017
NV
Being a morning lark (as opposed to a night owl), yes, I eat breakfast most times.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Diet theories will tell you anything if you listen long enough. However, one theory that may be true for some people is that breakfast is a good time to eat fats and higher calorie items, since you are just getting started and will burn them off better than you will later in the day. Then taper off from there.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I eat breakfast daily. Not always three eggs and bacon but I always eat something and have at least two cups of coffee

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I Rarely eat breakfast. Just not hungry that early. Always drink coffee first thing in the morning, and constantly throughout the day. I love eating breakfast foods for dinner though.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
A simple unnutritional Doughnut , sometimes coffee. I do like going out to get a big breakfast but living on SS doesn't allow that very often.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Especially after age 60 or so, it's good to eat more regularly, smaller meals. This heads off any problems you may have with blood glucose. I have never been a snacker, and I had to teach myself to eat more regularly. Can you imagine coercing yourself to snack? In boot camp, recruits were punished for hoarding snack food in their pockets. I couldn't think why I'd want to; it even struck me odd, about myself, at the time, since others were having to exercise discipline not to do this. Luckily, later in life, a good primary care doc and a dietician put me on the better road before I had to be medicated much. You may not be a breakfast person, but eating something in the morning may be smart.

Reactions: ray47

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I wish. I’m up for work every morning at 5am and usually make a coffee to go with a donut or pastry as I’m walking out the door. Weekends? I’m a big fan of brunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.