PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I thought this thread was new, but it's not. Really threw me off. I was reading the comments from the top and I was like. "Hey, that guy sounds like me", then I realized that it was, almost exactly a year ago. Seeing me write what I said above, talking about my wife and our gardens.... seems like a million years ago. Last 6 months have been divorce hell, yesterday was the hearing and it's finally over. Pretty sad stuff, strange to see my old comment at this particular time, exactly a year later and with everything going on. Time is funny.

Reactions: Jimmy_Jack

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
I’ve recently gotten into mixing/blending myself. Started with both red and bright VA, Izmir Turkish, Latakia, Long cut perique, (all from C&D) which are my favorite blend components. In fact I’m smoking a blend of those right now.

It’s good fun and helps me understand what goes into making a good blend. Recently I tried a quick two gram blend of 50% bright VA, 25% each of Latakia and Perique. I expected it to be stout or stronger than it was. In fact it was one the most satisfying blends I’ve smoked. Quite simple and straightforward but I could taste every component and appreciate what they brought to the blend.
Some day I’ll venture into whole leaf and maybe even homegrown. Some day, some day.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Even i you only have a patch for 2 or 3 plants, I would encourage anyone to try a growing season, it is so much fun. I like blending home grown and whole leaf too. I will use whole leaf to water down a sweet aromatic, or bring down the % of latakia in a balkan blend I otherwise like.