@didimauw Dr. Grabow Appreciation Thread (8/2/2020)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As a footnote to didi's marathon Dr. Grabow run, I venture the opinion that Dr. Grabow seems to be the highest volume producer of briar factory pipes in the U.S. They are a modest sized establishment in Sparta, N.C., near the Virginia border, but if there is a pipe maker in the U.S. making more briar pipes annually, they must be mostly an exporter, because they are not visible as Dr. Grabow on the domestic market. I could still buy a Dr. Grabow pipe at my nearest Walgreens, though it is "displayed" behind the candy counter in line with checkout, at the floor level. You have to peer over the candy to see the pipes down near the floor, and ask for them at checkout. I bought my two Dr. Grabows online. I'm finishing up my second celebratory bowl of Chatham Manor, a Carter Hall match, in my Dr. Grabow Royalton bulldog. A smart salute to didi' on his day.

Reactions: dcon and BROBS

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
As a footnote to didi's marathon Dr. Grabow run, I venture the opinion that Dr. Grabow seems to be the highest volume producer of briar factory pipes in the U.S. They are a modest sized establishment in Sparta, N.C., near the Virginia border, but if there is a pipe maker in the U.S. making more briar pipes annually, they must be mostly an exporter, because they are not visible as Dr. Grabow on the domestic market. I could still buy a Dr. Grabow pipe at my nearest Walgreens, though it is "displayed" behind the candy counter in line with checkout, at the floor level. You have to peer over the candy to see the pipes down near the floor, and ask for them at checkout. I bought my two Dr. Grabows online. I'm finishing up my second celebratory bowl of Chatham Manor, a Carter Hall match, in my Dr. Grabow Royalton bulldog. A smart salute to didi' on his day.
They have them for sale in the liquor stores in our local Fred Meyer (Kroger) Grocery Stores. They are most certainly prolific.

Reactions: BROBS