PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I'm sure, not knowing when or what IPSD is, I smoke the normal number of bowls and the usual daily blends.

I believe I have the acronym correct. IPSD is “International Pipe Smoking Day” and has been around a few years… it is held on February 20th…. which if I recall from last year or perhaps the year before….. is also the WHO (World Health Organization) day that they celebrate some sort of “No Smoking Day”. I am not sure if the WHO’s date is always February 20th or not….. but I can say I have not seen mention of it on any of my news feeds today…. so who knows?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D Mountain Camp, a re-proportioned version of Bayou Night -- burley based, Latakia, Oriental, Perique, with Virginia as a condiment, non-aromatic, in a MM/C&D collaboration bent cob, my first bowl of this blend and a pleasant way to celebrate. Happy International Pipe Smoking Day. I'm glad the blend worked out; I wasn't sure how it would do, since I like Bayou Night a lot. It's milder but definitely interesting and nuanced.

whitebar

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
I started off this morning with some Esoterica Peacehaven. Later I had a bowl of Squadron Leader Special Edition with perique followed by a bowl of 1999 Margate. Finally I’m enjoying some Brunello Flake. Hope everyone had a nice IPSD!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I believe I have the acronym correct. IPSD is “International Pipe Smoking Day” and has been around a few years… it is held on February 20th…. which if I recall from last year or perhaps the year before….. is also the WHO (World Health Organization) day that they celebrate some sort of “No Smoking Day”. I am not sure if the WHO’s date is always February 20th or not….. but I can say I have not seen mention of it on any of my news feeds today…. so who knows?
May 31, in addition to being Clint Eastwood's birthday, is World No Tobacco Day, aka IPSD 2.0 (we here on this forum see to it!).