Definition of Dry Heat

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I have no idea how you, or anyone else for that matter actually survives.
Pools, AC, chicks wearing tube tops and short shorts everywhere. puffy

I love the heat. Biking, running, swimming... gardening, I stay outside most of the day. I almost always have something outside that I am building or planting. You get used to it. It's the people who keep the AC at 75F and stay inside all day that suffer the most. Plus, we are only 4 hours to the best beaches in the world. But, really it's the way the girls dress that makes it all much easier to bare.

Reactions: Zero

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Pools, AC, chicks wearing tube tops and short shorts everywhere. puffy

I love the heat. Biking, running, swimming... gardening, I stay outside most of the day. I almost always have something outside that I am building or planting. You get used to it. It's the people who keep the AC at 75F and stay inside all day that suffer the most. Plus, we are only 4 hours to the best beaches in the world. But, really it's the way the girls dress that makes it all much easier to bare.
AC at 75? You poor souls. I'm at 68.

And yeah, girls r nice, I'm with you there. It's especially nice when they shed their winter parkas for the first time in months.

AC at 75? You poor souls. I'm at 68.

And yeah, girls r nice, I'm with you there. It's especially nice when they shed their winter parkas for the first time in months.
Our AC stays on 82 all summer.

But, if this isn’t the person in front of you at the check out line at the grocery store, I feel sorry for you.
IMG_0891.jpeg

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Kaizening was invented by Mazda or Toyota or some similar outfit and it’s only to streamline the manufacturing processes; the end user is not a consideration based on what I’ve read about it. Embers can correct me if I’m wrong (as always haha)😉
TPM. Total Productive Maintenance.

LOS. Load of shit.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yeah I can see you wanting some sunshine working those hours. Me though? I'm in it as soon as it comes up, until it goes down...and the sun can go to hell. Or at least behind a cloud.
Luckily I can only manage 3 hours of sleep per day and am often outside for several hours prior to work. For me, any temperature below 80°F is painful.

Reactions: Jaylotw

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I don't remember humidity that low, ever. Korea is surrounded by ocean on three side. Always humid. NYC is by the ocean, always humid. Now in NC. Humid as hell. I think Hell is actually dry heat. Just Southern embrace by the mother nature. Sweaty kind.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Dry Heat? No problem. In New Jersey it’s a Dry Rain-100 percent humidity and it’s just miserable. We sweat in the shower here.

But, as related before… the entire State is a humidor. Tobacco becomes moist if left open.
That's why I escaped Jersey 33 years ago and never looked back. The arid Colorado air suits me just fine. When the humidity climbs to about 40% here people start to complain. :LOL:

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Yup.

I lived in a place that got down to -40 F actual on occasion, and routinely to -25 with significant wind.

(It wasn't unusual to see a moose in your back yard, either, but that's a whole 'nother thing)

The prevailing attitude? "There is no such thing as bad weather, only improper clothing."
By that logic, all sorts of women should be walking around naked. Haven't gotten there yet.

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
There was some days a couple of years ago.
30° Celsius, or 86° Fahrenheit.
About 100% humidity and no wind.

The nights were absolutely horrible.
Breathing was hard, everything soaking wet.
It became sort of claustrophobic.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Now that I've worked up a good sweat this morning and finally get to sit down a moment, these guys insist on taking a cat nap on me. It won't last long as the temperature climbs, then they'll go seek shade outside. Yesterday my vehicle read 109 F on the way home 🥵 Time to have a hydration formationKIMG2486.JPG

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I have been just outside Charlotte the past few days and it’s brutal. It’s another level of hot and humid compared to NJ which while humid, doesn’t hit this type of boil.