PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
im thinking a post office box at a ups or something could work if your close enough.
The guys in Maine might be best choice for a profit margin on the underground tobacco front. I can probably make it to the line in about 4-5 hours. Got a full size van should able to fit many a blend in the back...

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
The guys in Maine might be best choice for a profit margin on the underground tobacco front. I can probably make it to the line in about 4-5 hours. Got a full size van should able to fit many a blend in the back...
I can see it now... "Is that Scottish Flake you have in that van?" " No officer, that's California Gold." "Just long as it's Mary Jane and NOT Sam's Brown Flake, you're good to go. Now be on your way...."

• Haha
Reactions: edger and Ethan

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
They are legalizing pot but criminalizing pipe tobacco. Our substance is safer we don't inhale.
Banning pot was about as big a success as banning booze. Once the negative effects of smoking boo are better understood I expect that the same campaign that is used against tobacco use, death by a thousand cuts, will be used against smoking boo.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
They are legalizing pot but criminalizing pipe tobacco. Our substance is safer we don't inhale.
To this I would add that I live in a state that embodies this idea. I can't help but think that a large part of the reason for this is civil disobedience. The tides started turning when thousands gathered for smoke outs on the town common in defiance of weed laws. Lesson learned, DO NOT sit at home, and smoke your pipes where no one can see you. You are ensuring your own obsolescence.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019

What gets me, in the 3rd paragraph of the article it states:

"At trial, ACS CAN and other public health advocates celebrated a huge victory in the war against electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and cigars in May when a federal judge ruled that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had shirked its duty to regulate e-cigarettes and cigars. In deciding for public health groups, U.S. District Judge Paul W. Grimm found that the FDA had exceeded its legal authority and the FDA’s delay had played a role in the skyrocketing youth use of e-cigarettes"

I like how they lump in cigars with their argument that we need to save the children.
Gee, I didn't realize there was an epidemic of teenagers hot boxing $12 premium cigars in the bathroom stalls in between class periods. ?

Reactions: Ethan

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
1. they are "criminalizing" tobacco in the sense they are creating a bad association with tobacco not actually criminalizing it yet - but a bad association is needed before criminalization can happen. Pot has seen much of the bad associations with it being removed which has lead to decriminalization. Someone said the WHO wants tobacco gone in the next few decades.

2. The problem with pot vs pipe smoking is pipe smokers are a niche group. There are way more pot smokers than pipe smokers.

3. Anti-smoking groups being against vaping is ridiculous. The people against vaping are the cigarette companies. The reality is by destroying vaping you will drive kids to cigarettes which is way more dangerous because of the added chemicals and the inhaling - teenagers will not be turning to safer alternatives like cigars and pipe smoking if vaping disappears.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I wouldn't call it a safer alternative, just a different alternative with different risks depending on how you use it. People can inhale if they choose to, pipe tobacco is still tobacco and there's nothing stopping anyone from using it however they want.

I do agree that in a decade or two, you'll see the same reversal on smoking marijuana once actual wider use is documented and studied in regards to health effects. Smoke is smoke and lungs don't do well with any smoke regardless of it's source. Smoking it is also just one form of using it like tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.