24 Fresh Brebbia Pipes
72 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

hawky454

Preferred Member
Feb 11, 2016
Again, not a rule that pipe shapes dictate chamber shapes but they often do, generally speaking. But I’m not necessarily talking about conical vs. cylindrical, I’m talking about the width and the height of the chamber and I personally find that the height and the width of a bowl changes the characteristics of the smoke be it a cylinder or a cone shape. I like to smoke St. Bruno in a tall and narrow chamber so (for me, myself and that other guy) I like to smoke St. Bruno in a stack billiard. Does that make sense? For VA blends I like to smoke them in a wider bowl so something like a pot (the shape of a pipe) would be a pipe I’d prefer to smoke a VA in because a Pot, most likely (but I’m sure you could prove me wrong), is usually going to have a deep and wide chamber.
I’ll admit, “Danish” was a bad example of trying to get my point across as that is way too general.

chasingembers

Preferred Member
Nov 12, 2014
I personally find that the height and the width of a bowl changes the characteristics of the smoke be it a cylinder or a cone shape.
Chamber shape and size never affected flavor to me. Tastes the same in every pipe. I get what you're saying though.

dare66

Dec 24, 2018
well I guess I'll have to get some more pipes and find out for myself. Right now II have three so I have plenty of room to grow.

macaroon

Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
I pick whichever pipe strikes my fancy, then fill it with whichever tobacco sounds good in the moment. The closest I get to dedicating pipes is to only smoke aromatics in my cobs. Then again, I only have four pipes, and half of those are cobs

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
I've long maintained that dedicating pipes to various blends or types is really an excuse to get more pipes. But my palate isn't as refined as some on here.

cigrmaster

Preferred Member
May 26, 2012
United States
Most of my pipes are dedicated to genres but some are for specific blends. When I come upon some magical combinations I don't mess around, I dedicate the pipes immediately.

puffthemagicpiper

Jan 7, 2019
Count me with the genre dedicators, with two notable exceptions: I’ve a briar dedicated to Quiet Nights, and one to Haddo’s Delight.