PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Again, not a rule that pipe shapes dictate chamber shapes but they often do, generally speaking. But I’m not necessarily talking about conical vs. cylindrical, I’m talking about the width and the height of the chamber and I personally find that the height and the width of a bowl changes the characteristics of the smoke be it a cylinder or a cone shape. I like to smoke St. Bruno in a tall and narrow chamber so (for me, myself and that other guy) I like to smoke St. Bruno in a stack billiard. Does that make sense? For VA blends I like to smoke them in a wider bowl so something like a pot (the shape of a pipe) would be a pipe I’d prefer to smoke a VA in because a Pot, most likely (but I’m sure you could prove me wrong), is usually going to have a deep and wide chamber.
I’ll admit, “Danish” was a bad example of trying to get my point across as that is way too general.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I personally find that the height and the width of a bowl changes the characteristics of the smoke be it a cylinder or a cone shape.
Chamber shape and size never affected flavor to me. Tastes the same in every pipe. I get what you're saying though.

dare66

Might Stick Around
Dec 24, 2018
well I guess I'll have to get some more pipes and find out for myself. Right now II have three so I have plenty of room to grow.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
I pick whichever pipe strikes my fancy, then fill it with whichever tobacco sounds good in the moment. The closest I get to dedicating pipes is to only smoke aromatics in my cobs. Then again, I only have four pipes, and half of those are cobs

Reactions: UncleTodd

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Most of my pipes are dedicated to genres but some are for specific blends. When I come upon some magical combinations I don't mess around, I dedicate the pipes immediately.

Jan 7, 2019
Count me with the genre dedicators, with two notable exceptions: I’ve a briar dedicated to Quiet Nights, and one to Haddo’s Delight.

Status
Not open for further replies.