Daughter's & Ryan Specialty Line Update/Revival...?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Il Duca Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
New Accessories
18 Fresh Ropp Pipes
12 Fresh IMP Meerschaum Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NookersTheCat

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
Good Evening Fellow Pipers,

I received an email today followed by a lovely 7 minute phone convo with Gloria from Daughters & Ryan Tobacco. I actually called before I saw her reply so while the email is attached as "proof" the longer version of the story is: While, unfortunately, there is no more London Dock (the main blend I was concerned with) left in their facility she told me that Sutliff was possibly interested in picking up some of their specialty line (London Dock, English Hoopla, William's Delight) to revive under the Big S's banner.

She told me to check in with Johnathan or Kevin at Sutliff to see how the interest was. I sent an email but will try calling tomorrow if I don't hear more by then. Either way I will update this thread with more info if I receive it. Also I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if any interested parties (wink wink at you, Captain Embers, lol) were to email a short polite note to Sutliff stating their interest of purchasing these potential redeemed orphans as well.

Other than that, Gloria says she and Mark are happily looking forward to retirement and she appreciates the interest and thoughts of all in the community who've enjoyed their products. Hope this comes as *potential* good news to others as it did to me!

DREmail.png

NookersTheCat

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
Same.
Glad I bought several tins prior to its loss. Hopefully Sutliff won't be a match but the real deal.
I've seen your posts about it haha. You're a lucky dog... I got 1 to try and then after I realized I loved it, poof. And I've been pretty vigilant about these infernal discontinuations since getting caught pants down by McClelland and this one still got me anyway ?
Like I said, drop Sutliff a line if you get the time and let them know there's interest, will help them make up their mind hopefully!

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Good Evening Fellow Pipers,

I received an email today followed by a lovely 7 minute phone convo with Gloria from Daughters & Ryan Tobacco. I actually called before I saw her reply so while the email is attached as "proof" the longer version of the story is: While, unfortunately, there is no more London Dock (the main blend I was concerned with) left in their facility she told me that Sutliff was possibly interested in picking up some of their specialty line (London Dock, English Hoopla, William's Delight) to revive under the Big S's banner.

She told me to check in with Johnathan or Kevin at Sutliff to see how the interest was. I sent an email but will try calling tomorrow if I don't hear more by then. Either way I will update this thread with more info if I receive it. Also I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if any interested parties (wink wink at you, Captain Embers, lol) were to email a short polite note to Sutliff stating their interest of purchasing these potential redeemed orphans as well.

Other than that, Gloria says she and Mark are happily looking forward to retirement and she appreciates the interest and thoughts of all in the community who've enjoyed their products. Hope this comes as *potential* good news to others as it did to me!

View attachment 68801
Are Mark Ryan and Gloria Nowell married to each other?

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I've seen your posts about it haha. You're a lucky dog... I got 1 to try and then after I realized I loved it, poof. And I've been pretty vigilant about these infernal discontinuations since getting caught pants down by McClelland and this one still got me anyway ?
Next up, Ken Byron.

• Sad
Reactions: fightnhampster

NookersTheCat

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
Shortly followed by tobacco products in general (including whole leaf)
Unfortunately, how many things seem to be going. I wish I had a better solution than put my head down and horde like a squirrel lol, but unfortunately that's the only response I have... pretty much all my hobbies that I enjoy most are on the legislative chopping block in one form or another ?

My grandpa may not have understood why I feel the need to have a 100+ pound cellar but he would not understand this world of ours in general...

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Unfortunately, how many things seem to be going. I wish I had a better solution than put my head down and horde like a squirrel lol, but unfortunately that's the only response I have... pretty much all my hobbies that I enjoy most are on the legislative chopping block in one form or another ?

My grandpa may not have understood why I feel the need to have a 100+ pound cellar but he would not understand this world of ours in general...
What are your other hobbies?!? Lol

I’ve found experimenting with growing and whole leaf blending a complimentary approach to the rabid hoarding.

Reactions: NookersTheCat

NookersTheCat

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
What are your other hobbies?!? Lol

I’ve found experimenting with growing and whole leaf blending a complimentary approach to the rabid hoarding.
Vintage military firearm collecting/target shooting for one. The price and availability of ammo in the last year has made premium tobacco collecting look like child's play haha.

Vegetable gardening and canning for another, heirloom seed demand and canning jar supplies have been crazy since the lockdown mania as well. I definitely want to start experimenting with tobacco growing though! I've got an assortment of varieties in my seed bank waiting for the blessed moment I can acquire more land, lol.

Reactions: Ahi Ka
Status
Not open for further replies.