PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Naaooooooooo! Not the "breath method", puh-leeeze!! ??

That one time I tried to smoke my Vauen filterless I got scorched mostly from lighting: hence my reticence. You have to puff when lighting, no choice.
Yes, you do have to puff when lighting...and a little sipping...but it helps a lot to dry the tobacco well to minimize relights and to keep lit without a lot of puffing.

In your case I know this is problematic because you like aros and don't like to smoke them very dry....so I guess my only advice would be try acquiring a taste for non-aros?

EDIT: or talk to Embers about aros.....he smokes them a lot....not sure if he dries them as much as non-aros.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
It'd be very difficult for me, yeah. I'm on the other side of the spectrum from you, guys: my smoking "technique" is more puffing than sipping, which makes me prefer pipes with a tight draw, which allow me to draw rather strongly without burning the heck out of my mouth. I also can't clench and smoke passively: I need to be swirling the smoke around my mouth with my cheek muscles and I just can't do it with the pipe parked in there. Just the way things have developed. Not really keen on unlearning and re-learning it all all over again.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Not the "breath method
Contrary to the name, breath has nothing to do with the smoking, it just acts as a metronome for drawing.

EDIT: or talk to Embers about aros.....he smokes them a lot....not sure if he dries them as much as non-aros.
I used to, now I just roll them in a paper towel to remove some of the moisture and gravity fill them.

That one time I tried to smoke my Vauen filterless I got scorched mostly from lighting
Needed a tighter pack to compensate the wide open draw.

It'd be very difficult for me, yeah. I'm on the other side of the spectrum from you, guys: my smoking "technique" is more puffing than sipping, which makes me prefer pipes with a tight draw, which allow me to draw rather strongly without burning the heck out of my mouth. I also can't clench and smoke passively: I need to be swirling the smoke around my mouth with my cheek muscles and I just can't do it with the pipe parked in there. Just the way things have developed. Not really keen on unlearning and re-learning it all all over again.
You don't have to clench for breath smoking.

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
Dude, you don't have to unlearn anything. Just learn something new. Just because my current car is an automatic doesn't mean I don't remember how to shift gears.

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.