PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I watched the first 100 episodes of the original; series and liked it a lot. How can you lose when one of the main characters is a vampire? Somehow I got the impression that Barnabas chewed mothballs.
He also had trouble remembering his lines.

Reactions: dcon

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
He also had trouble remembering his lines.
I think everyone on that show did. Their schedule was insane. From what everyone said they'd get their lines the night before. Despite all of that and how often that a gaffer or a film camera shows up in the scene, and then also the fact that actors get replaced regularly but somehow it still works. That to me is really one of it's biggest selling points. It's kind of like Pu-Erh tea. What does Pu-Erh taste like? Mud and dirt but like super delicious muddy dirt.

Reactions: dcon and JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I think everyone on that show did. Their schedule was insane. From what everyone said they'd get their lines the night before. Despite all of that and how often that a gaffer or a film camera shows up in the scene, and then also the fact that actors get replaced regularly but somehow it still works. That to me is really one of it's biggest selling points. It's kind of like Pu-Erh tea. What does Pu-Erh taste like? Mud and dirt but like super delicious muddy dirt.
They all had to rely on the teleprompter. We used to laugh whenever we'd see one of the cast stutter and look to the teleprompter to read the lines.

Reactions: dcon and anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
They all had to rely on the teleprompter. We used to laugh whenever we'd see one of the cast stutter and look to the teleprompter to read the lines.
There are two kinds of fan theories in general. The first type is trying to read subtle signs of intended but not blasted story elements. Like picking apart dialog for hints. The other I call enhancement. It's not intended by the creator but still can enhance the story. For example one of my favorites is Ferris Buellers day off as a prequel to fight club Ferris as a proto Tyler Durden. It really adds a completely unintended dimension. Well when I watch Dark Shadows and there is a person coughing in the back ground or a shadow I just say it's one of the many ghosts that reside there.

Reactions: JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
There are two kinds of fan theories in general. The first type is trying to read subtle signs of intended but not blasted story elements. Like picking apart dialog for hints. The other I call enhancement. It's not intended by the creator but still can enhance the story. For example one of my favorites is Ferris Buellers day off as a prequel to fight club Ferris as a proto Tyler Durden. It really adds a completely unintended dimension. Well when I watch Dark Shadows and there is a person coughing in the back ground or a shadow I just say it's one of the many ghosts that reside there.
I liked the stairway where they went back in time. And the room that had another dimension in it. I used to laugh thinking about where they used the bathroom if everything in that dimension happened in one room.

• Haha
Reactions: dcon and anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I liked the stairway where they went back in time. And the room that had another dimension in it. I used to laugh thinking about where they used the bathroom if everything in that dimension happened in one room.
that's what you gotta love about that show. It's got weird things like Vampires but is grounded and has thinks like time stairs. Oh no one told you all rich people have time stairs. Well trust me most of those nimrods need the help.

Reactions: JimInks

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Quintin didn't turn into a werewolf near often enough. I'd wait forever for some cool werewolf action and then when he did finally change he'd just run out of the room. Most boring werewolf imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.