PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
HoosierPipeGuy: Cotcha, thank You.

Smudgersmiisingleg: Yes can't argue,in my opinion England has the very finest decades-old blenders still alive and existing, producing superfine tobaccos,and as for the undersigned I'm quite a fan of some of Your Country Otc tobacco, though in the recent years prices there were skyrocketed but we're even more expensive here,£ 17 for a pouch of basic Mc Baren offerings.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Paul, that is expensive we pay about £14 for 50g and that's bad enough so I sympathise with anyone who has to pay more, and you're right we are VERY lucky to have some old and storied blenders my hope is that eventually pipe tobacco and cigars will be treated differently to cigarettes but they often seem to get all lumped in together.

Chris.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
We're exceptionally blessed here in the States (it's all relative, compared to the "good ole days", it sometimes doesn't seem like it) with lots of choices at very, very good prices. I fear that is going to continue to diminish though. It would be shame to be unable to purchase a lot of the high quality Euro pipe tobaccos.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Sad to lose access to these blends I will likely never try now. But like Hoosier said, we are still in pretty good shape here in the US. At least until they finally kick in with the deeming.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Hoosier I agree totally, I think for the combination of price and size of selection the US is the best place in the world for pipe tobacco (well I can't think of anywhere better) hopefully that doesn't get ruined by the deeming rules and they get pushed back again futher or even get dropped altogether.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.