PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
My wife is half Italian and she bought me a Savinelli. I am half Irish and I bought myself a Peterson. My wife’s father is Czech and so I was wanting to get a Czech pipe. My budget is $125 so I wanted to ask if anyone had suggestions.

Reactions: NC TX ID pipeman

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Well you could just google it, but according to SPC there is at least one carver, not in your price range but answers the 50,000 foot question.

Side note SPC's estate department is way behind of evaluating pipes, i called for a different reason the other day and mentioned i sent a couple pipes in July 3rd and haven't heard back, she apologized and i promised her I was in no rush she said she would see how far down the list i was to give me an estimate of time and she finally said "well ... way down the list..." and couldn't even estimate when they were going to get to it. For the record still no word. LOL

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

cersono

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
Vallis Lacrimarum
Search for Stanislaw branded pipes.
Josef Stanislaw is a Czech distributor who sells OEM tobaccos and pipes, often under his own brand. None of the pipes are made in Czechia proper (hopefully, they're made in Germany, as are all of Stanislaw tobaccos) but it's a legitimate Czech brand, well recognized within the country.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
We probably don't have a Czech carver on this but those listed on Pipedia will probably respond to an email. You may have to communicate with them in the Czech language.

Reactions: Old_Newby

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
I have a pipe from Olda Jirsa I bought from Dan Pipes in Germany I believe he is a Czech pipe maker. It is a stupidly fantastic smoker and very well made for what I paid, about $50 Euros. I would like to get another of his pipes some day.

I don't have a pic handy, but it's a horn shape, very unique.

NC TX ID pipeman

Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
I have been born and lived in Czech republic for 31years -20 years ago...Pipe making industry goes way back to 19 century or even older...I had a privilage to meet a few Czech pipemakers during my pipe smoking habit since 1988...I can suggest a few pipemakers...Michal Novak-he is making pipes with ridges unusual style..Jan Kloucek-he made me an amazing picaxe pipe and its worth to look at..Marek Cikl -I met him this year at Chicago pipeshow..Great guy and pipemaker..Oldrich Jirsa-another decent pipemaker...Most of historical German black forest hunting pipes were made in Czech for export to Germany,Austria,Switzerland you name it20230718_193419_HDR.jpg

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I have a Jirsa Bent Dublin I picked up in Phoenix many years ago. It's a great smoker.
Our family visited Prague in 2019 & when I stopped at the Stanislaw Cigar & Pipe shop there were lots of Jirsa pipes so I presume they're still available. IIRC they were mostly less than $100.

Reactions: Old_Newby

NC TX ID pipeman

Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Nice pipes. I am more conservative so I like the bottom right one the most. Unique but daily functional.
It is a special pipe...He used really old wood from the old pipe factory over 100 years old on this pipe..actually boxes of this wood was discarted scrap which was too small or had some flaws ..Thats why the pipe is so small.Surprisingly for walls so thin it does not get hot when smoked!

Reactions: minerLuke