PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Being that Abe is 4500 miles away, is this how you're going to deliver his 500 pounds of salmon first prize?

View attachment 202641
I thought this would be more fun. Plus we'd get to see the Panama Canal!

riding-the-wooden-salmon_rotated_90.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
My no one was the Gustavo Cunha pipe
My second favorite was the Yeti pipe
I really like both of those as well, although I actually preferred Flavia's to Gustavo's. Beautiful in it's simplicity, slightly better blast, and that stem color is super unique.

I think if the Yeti pipe had a different (more universally appreciated) stem color it would have gone further.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I keep going back and forth between the Hasty and Asteriou for second favorite.

EDIT: the more I look at the Hasty the more I think I like it better...just hard to compare because of the length difference.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I keep going back and forth between the Hasty and Asteriou for second favorite.
The Hasty was a sleeper for sure, I really like that pipe a lot, but I'm into short pipes lately. There is nothing particularly spectacular about any individual characteristic (blast, accent, stem, etc.) but as a whole it really works for me.

That and he had the balls to go chunky on a cutty, which is a damn bold move. First cutty he has ever made!

Reactions: brian64

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Based on the success of this contest, Mr. Alaska, I think Kevin should hire you at $50K/year to buy a couple dozen pipes every 3-4 months with his money, and keep running contests until the shape chart is exhausted.
Hahaha, believe me nothing would make me happier, but I think the PM yearly budget probably has a few less zeros :ROFLMAO:

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
I came into the competition late so I haven't participated with votes, but I have to say it's been an enjoyable match up. The real winner here is the Enabler in Chief. I wouldn't kick any of them out of the pipe stand! An interesting twist to keep the games alive would be to allow forum members to post their prize version of said shape. The Enabler being the emcee could pick the top 10 for the finale. Rules could be negotiated by committee.puffy

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
I guessed 50%, I think I look at pipes too much.

But thank you - this has been such a fun set of threads, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. & you've ended up with some fantastic pipes!