PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Damn Scarface...that was outta nowhere....Guess C&D is no longer in Scarface's cellar.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I just hate people who follow trends, it's so rare to find anyone who thinks for themselves, the world is just made up of mindless goons
That's beyond dispute.
But I'm not sure of the relationship to Rum/Per blends ;)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Yes, because thinking for oneself in and of itself is not valuable.
It depends on how accurate the thoughts are.
Subjectivity is... nonsense :)

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Someone needs a Snickers...
bER1AVZ.jpg

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
So there's a Crowley Inspired C&D Small Batch blend called The Beast?
Scarface- reminds me of that kid on YouTube taking Peri-Q American Spirits and adding Captain Morgan lol. Yea JayZ sporting a "Do What Thou Wilt" sweater. Did he know Crowley was racist? Lol

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I coincidentally opened a tin of Haddo's Delight earlier today and am smoking some right now. What a fantastic smoke! Now my interest is piqued to try some RumPer. Thanks for the tip!

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Acquired the proper ingredients to give this a go. Never tried Kraken Rum but the sea beast seemed suiting.
d3afb49d-e2b0-466c-862b-77d7189cd262_zpsfbbraviw.jpg

R0018888_zps7mfs2ctq.jpg

I'll post up my findings.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
There's information on Crowley smoking straight perique soaked in rum in Collin Wilson's book "The Occult" in the chapter about Crowely.

Jesus Fuck look at C&D's head blender: http://www.cornellanddiehl.com/smallbatch/ crazy long trendy douchebag beards are not something i want on anyone blending my tobacco. fucking nasty
Make sure you don't smoke any GL Pease, two friends, Captain Earles, and castello as C&D blends all of them now.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
@scarface - Not every man wearing a beard do it to be trendy. Hell, some of us had beards before the trend setters were a splash out of their daddy's nuts.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
As I said in some other thread...
Hipsterdom is a state of the heart and mind, and can manifest in any form.
Thus, looking at someone with a beard and saying "he must be a hipster" is not (logically) correct.
In addition, Mr. Reeves exhibits the style of dress and personal accessorizing that was popular in the death metal community (1) during the deathcore years and (2) for fans of Unique Leader bands on the West Coast.
If you want a simple answer, hipsterdom is inauthenticity + manipulative opportunism.
That requires a deeper look than skin-deep...

Status
Not open for further replies.