PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
I have always wanted A Tom Eltang rusticated cutty from the first time I laid eyes on one.

-img-36280-w760-h342.jpg

Second pipe I would love to own is a Stanwwell Hans Christian Andersen cutty.

stanwell-hans-christian-andersen-300x212.jpg

The only cutty shape pipe I own is a Ropp Honoré de Balzac Church Warden with a very tiny bowl.
002-598-5901.9578.jpg

I have sequestered it for smoking Gawith Rope tobacco's only, mostly because I am sensitive to the nicotine content of this type of tobacco and the small bowl helps with that

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
The bowl angles away preventing any view of the tobacco during a light.
I don't see what the problem is. I go next door and for $2 get my neighbors 10 year old kid to puff on the pipe (They are the perfect height if you angle the pipe up) while I make sure it has a healthy glow. You'd think his parents would hate me but the nic hit makes the kid sleepy so they love me.

Pipe Monk did you pick that one up on Ebay recently?
Hey Condor, yup last week from an antique vendor in North Bay City Ontario on ebay. $45 shipped. Its in transit, will just get it cleaned and get a new stem made for smoking. The original stem is already loose, chipped and repair banded as you can see.
More pics here - North Bay Fire Department to J.W. Sewall K228
Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Send it to Rik down at Briarville. He is getting really good with amber stems using a resin and ground up amber composite to fill in holes of the nature you have on that pipe. If the threads on the shank aren't buggered you should be fine otherwise they will have to be rebuilt and then re-tapped again. Owning these types of pipes is a labor of love but very rewarding. Did the case survive?

@condor Yup, Ive shipped it to Ric and the pipe just touched Tampa Distribution Center, perhaps it will reach him on Monday. Sadly there was no case in the listing, if you know anyone who can make a case do let me know. This is my 2nd meer, so would really appreciate your help in getting it restored. I dont mind if you ring up Ric lol.
Ric also received 2 pipes from France which I got for an amazing deal, perhaps he can do something about the GBD Speciale Stem, have a looksie - http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/au-sultan-amp-a-gbd-speciale-from-france-pic-heavy
Oh btw Ric calls me Sunny (its my middle name)
Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Ok, I have to update my cutty situation. I recently picked up an old pipe with a broken stem. I ended making a sort of Devil Anse pipe out of it. Yes it's canted forward, but not so much that I can't see what I'm doing. It's not worth much, especially with the small stem I built from what was left on it, but it is a good smoking pipe and I'll probably have it forever.
fullsizeoutput_21471-600x453.jpg

fullsizeoutput_21481-600x457.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.